Dougie Maclean, Caledonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dougie Maclean, Caledonia

This is one that he made after he had aged a bit. I enjoyed listening to his verbal "set-up" ahead of the song. And the fact that the audience came in & sang along with him. Dougie does put on a good show. Hope you all enjoy this as much as I do. Joan

Re: Dougie Maclean, Caledonia

He reminds me of Grey Owl's face, which I saw in Edinburgh, during the late 1930s ! Perhaps it is only the hair style... ?

Just remembered in one of his books there is a photo, which I cut for head and shoulders and attach.

Ranald
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ranald; 22 August 2011, 14:59.

Comment

Ranald, you're right! Now that I look at Dougie's face as opposed to Grey Owl's, they are similar. Both are "rather spare" of frame as well. When I saw Dougie in person, we were sitting in the balcony, so he looked kind of short from there!!! Take care! Joan

Comment

Joan, I should have said..... I first scanned, THEN pasted, cut and u/l the photo. I did NOT 'cut' the photo from the book !!!! Ranald

Comment

Ah, Grey Owl, a very likeable fraud.

Comment

Tom, please, I am not being critical in any way, but where does the word fraud come into the story? I know there were always 'stories' about him, but they were never spelt out in detail.

Yes he seems to have had a drink problem. But then he did start life in Canada as a trapper, and in many countries right or wrong, they have always been associated with the bottle.

Ranald

Comment

I was thinking in terms of his self reported pedigree to various biographers. I wasn't criticizing his efforts to change views on natural resource managment.

Comment

Working...
              X