X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems we have a sticky problem

Hey Folks,

Sorry I have been away for so long but I have been dealing with a lot of things here at the house (including a MAJOR house fire) but I am trying to catch up on a few things. In doing so I found a rather odd comment aboot a user NOT returning to use the Forums until we removed the offensive Banner. I thought on this a bit and can only fathom that she meant our pic of the female which we use.

I feel it is proper to give a bit of history there. This pic was drawn quite some time ago by a prominent artist (Mr. Larry Elmore) and was never used (it was in his drawing book). I saw the pic and fell in love with it and requested permission to use it for ES since it is an excellent drawing. He gave us EXCLUSIVE use on ES and did not charge us a dime for it and we took off running with it. I know that both Al and myself use it on our business cards and elsewhere and we got all kindsa positive comments aboot it.

In saying this I guess I must post a poll and ask about the image since it has now become an integral mark of ES. Please respond to the poll so we can take a second look at this.

Cheers

Papa Bear
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    66.67%
    Indifferent
    20.00%
    She is a Hottie <grin>
    13.33%
    -=> Shared Pain is Lessened - Shared Joy Increased <=-
    Goddess is Great - Beer is Good - People are Crazy

Re: Seems we have a sticky problem

To be honest, until I saw the poll at the top of the thread and read your post, I didn't know the seated figure on the banner was a female. I have a 19" LED monitor that displays quite a bit of detail.

I don't want to minimize another person's perceptions or propriety-impropriety, but I fail to see anything offensive about the banner, considering, in the internet age, if one is the sort to look for titillating imagery, ES is sure to disappoint. And I'm sure that sort of person would not be here anyway when they could peruse the pages of an internet tabloid.

I would guess that if the individual who objected to it were to be placated they would not likely be productive participants at this site anyway.

I think we should focus on addressing a real menace to propriety. . . the Smurfs . . . Think about it. There's all those Smurfs and only one Smurfette. Who's responsible for baby Smurf? What is this decandant animated art doing to our children?

Comment

I was doing some more looking around. Does this have anything to do with the Electric Scotland Banner thread in the Ask the Senechal section from October 2010? If so this is really dragging on.

Comment

G'Day Steve,

I well remember the 'kerfuffle' about our delighful damsel in the header, about the only [printable] comment I would make is that the original complainant is one of those individuals who seeks to find something degrading in any story/TV programme/news article that does not fit their ultra puritanical ideas of how the world should operate; I could add more, but that would only reduce myself to the intolerant attitude of 'the person concerned'....[surely they are not of Guid Scots descent].

On a happier note........our membership has just passed the 600 mark..........the 'online readership' is at a premium..........need I say more???

I leave this...........my closing statement :cool::cool:

HARRY LAUDER - I LOVE A LASSIE - LIVE - 1938

Comment

Working...
        X