Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tartan Thunder

I got this email in from the author...

Dear Alistair: Perhaps you may remember my book "Tartan Thunder" a Scottish historical novel publised in 2006. I remember you once kindly listed it on ES and I wondered if we could renew old acquaintancw and somehow feature it again?? I dropped off the world awhile (have multiple sclerosis) but am now trying to promote my book because there seems to be much interest in scottish culture around here lately. The book begins at the battlefield of Culloden and deals with the aftermath on the Scottish people. It progresses to the trials in Edinburgh and deals with slavery out of Bristol. Have had many good reviews but the one I would cherish most would be yours. It is on Amazon.com and kindle too. Would like to see it on ES. I am a cousin of the late Nina, Countess of Seafield and of Ian Grant, Lord Seafield, I was given access to diaries and journals of my ancestor the Chancellor of Scotland when I lived at Cullen House years ago. I am now 81 yrs old and if you could consider my book, I would be so grateful.

Alastair

Re: Tartan Thunder

Just an aside, as I do not know "who" this author is. Can someone let me in on the secret??

Joan

Comment

I know, but am not telling...... :tongue:

It is up to the author and/or Alastair...... (why not try Amazon :wink: )

Ranald

Comment

Originally posted by Ranald View Post
        I know, but am not telling...... :tongue:

It is up to the author and/or Alastair...... (why not try Amazon :wink: )

Ranald
        Alright you rascal, you piqued my curiousity enough to travel to Amazon. I think they ought to provide you with a stipend for that.

Comment

Being that I am a "book person", I went to Amazon, where this book was $22.+ something, plus $3.99 shipping . Then went into BetterWorldBooks up in Mishawaka, Indiana, via online. They had it used for $4.98, with Free shipping. Also they contribute their $$'s to literacy causes, & it's always FREE shipping. Honestly, that is where I buy most of my books, although some are "ex-library" books, but some aren't, & they're in fairly good condition.

Author's name is Marilyn Grant Hall.

Just my own opinions. Thanks, Joan

Comment

Working...
          X