Still here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still here.

Hi all, just wanted to let you know i'm still around..i have been meaning to find some time to do some posting, just seem too busy now-a-days.
    So much is happening for us, Catherine is away, somewhere in Toronto at the moment, also Sue and myself are planning our trip to the UK for May next year. Along with all this there has been family commitments and work which has been keeping me busy. I will try and get back to my old self soon...
    Euan..
    Euan..

Re: Still here.

Hi Euan,
    this being self employed is interfering with your internet social life|~~~
    Hope Catherine is enjoying her North American odyssey.
    Toronto the Good will look after her!

Sandy

Comment

Yes Sandy..too much work not enough play..but looking forward our month in the UK. We are just waiting for the earlybird fares before we book the flights, but will be giving the Travel agent our plans today.
      Catherine has another 3 weeks before she heads home, i think she is back in the US now, Ohio...Illinois maybe?..

Euan.
      Euan..

Comment

Hi Euan,
        the time between now and May will fly in I am sure. Hope you manage to get some deals on the flights.

Just started watching a new Billy Connolly "travel" programme. He is driving Route 66 across the US from Chicago to California. His accent gets more "polite" every time I hear him but at least so far he has not been too condescending to the locals...
        I am beginning to think that some of his earlier life has begun to be a figment of his imagination - says that he has always wanted to travel Route since he was a wee boy in Glasgow. I find it hard to believe that he knew anything about it at a young age.
        Betty gets back to Scotland next Friday, so I need to get another trip arranged~~~!!!

Sandy

Comment

Sandy, our travel agent is going to try and get us a Qantas flight to Paris, with a 4 day stay, then Eurostar to London. Then a return flight from Dublin (where we will probably end up) to Heathrow with a 2 day stay in Singapore then Brisbane. We have to wait a couple of weeks for the earlybird fares though to see what's on offer.
          Can't say i enjoy Billy's humor, he appears to rely on Profanity for his laughs...
          It's nice to see you want to take Betty on a holiday when she gets back..i'm sure she will appreciate it..!!!
          Euan..

Comment

Hi Euan,
            sounds to me that you are arranging one humdinger of a trip.
            You'll be knackered by the time you get back home.

As to my trips - I did not mean that I was arranging one for Betty~~~
            Looks as if I am off again to one of the more less explored parts of the globe once she gets back, more to follow...

Diaspora is my middle name!
            Sandy

Comment

In regard to Billy Connolley: I saw recently, within last few months, a several part series that he did on travelling across what would have been the great Northwest Passage. He started in Canada, like north of Nova Scotia, I think on Baffin Island?!? He was nice to little old Inuit ladies, & also young kids. I was quite impressed with him as a person.

He didn't try too much to be funny, just only a bit! I thought about trying to purchase this, but found that the TV channel posted ALL of his journey, so I did not buy my own DVD's. Now I can't remember just who put this on near here, one of the frustrations of an aging brain!!! Joan

Comment

Hi Joan, yes I have seen that trip and thought it was quite well done. There were a couple of instances when I thought he was just a bit facetious but all in all I thought it was well done. I think he made that a few years ago.

Just did a search on Youtube and here's a link that may help...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...connolly+north

Sandy

Comment

Hi Folks! I'm still around too! Sorry I have not been communicating lately. Catching up with the clean-up after Irene. Basement finally dried out and I'm sweeping up dog food pellets and trying to get rid of the smell. Yuck!

Comment

HI, Lizzie....I'm glad you're still around. Have missed you muchly!!! Ha, ha.....

Your pal, Joan

Comment

Hi Euan, so you are finally going to Europe and you fancy Paris.....can't say it's ever appealed to me. Like London it's very expensive. I always think you see a country better by going off the beaten track, if you know what I mean. Hop on the train in the city's central station and go at least 10 stations out in any direction, then get off and go for a meal in the local pub or cafe.

I didn't think many people used travel agents these days since it's so easy to book on the internet.

Comment

Elda, Paris interests me but more for the fact it's cheaper to fly there than it is to London. Besides, we want to go through the tunnel, and this way we only need a one way ticket.
                        Booking a holiday on the net might be ok for a holiday in Aust, but trying to book a complicated holiday overseas would be a bit daunting... We are happy to let someone else do that, and the girl doing it has lived in London and Paris.
                        We expect to go off the beaten track, we are going to Glasgow!..not just hanging about Edinburgh...hehehe.
                        Euan..

Comment

Sandy, as this may be the only time we get back to the UK, we thought we may as well make the most of it..
                          So your coming downunder eh?..If you come anytime before March next year make sure you bring your togs..it'll probably be the only things you'll be wearing.
                          Two weeks into spring and already it's like the middle of summer!! It got to 34deg today, or 93F.
                          Euan..

Comment

Hi Euan,
                            sorry to say the trip is not to OZ. While Ryan is working there it does not look as if Fiona and Liam will be moving out any time soon. I'll keep this one a surprise until I am sure that it is happening. Only clue is that is not as far East as you are and is North quite a bit.

Watching the Rugby World Cup on the PC. Not a good result for OZ against Ireland~

Sandy

Comment

We won't talk about the Rugby...although i think the ref was Irish...And we should give Robbie Deans a one way ticket back to NZ...
                              Euan..

Comment

Working...
                              X