Vegetarian lasagna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetarian lasagna

I have made a veggie lasagna for dinner but live on my own so will freeze the rest for meals later.. I have picked spinach and zucchini from the garden for the lasagna. Also have some snow peas to add to the salad. I have only planted 6 snow pea plants so far and am getting 20 to 30 snow peas a day! My kids and neighbour are enjoying them.

We have decided to plant some things in her garden and some in mine to maximize the yield of veggies. I have cucumbers and tomatoes and she has just planted pumpkin and beans as well as the other items we already have.. Good way to go...:smile:

Re: Vegetarian lasagna

Good for you Mary. I grew beans one year and was picking a dozen or so every day but I think you have to get the right kind to do that. I planted them another year and they didn't come to much. Same with lettuce.....one year I planted this particular type (of which I can't remember the name) and they were brilliant. Instead of picking a whole lettuce, I just pulled off however many leaves I wanted. Wish I could remember what type of lettuce it was. My next door neighbour is always telling me to help myself to their vegies/herbs.

Elda

Comment

Hey Maryt,
      Although I don't eat veggies, uch, your lasagna sounds pretty tasty. And it is always great to put already made meals in the freezer as it is so simple to eat them later. I do that all the time.

Comment

Elda, the lettuce you need to plant is a Cos lettuce. You can pick leaves off and they grow more, it is also a very crispy one and good for Caesar salad.

Comment

Working...
        X