Ajax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ajax

Well, he's not really a pet, but he's my buddy. Two months ago, I recieved my new guided dog, Ajax. He's a male yellow lab, but he's so light in color, he's almost white. He looks like he was bred for hunting rather than for show, but then again, the guide dog school breeds for temperment and not looks. Even so, everyone tells me what a beautiful dog he is. He is very mild mannered and a good worker. But when it's time to eat or play, he's more than ready. He also loves to sleep. The biggest thing he has done for me is burst the bubble that figuratively surrounded me. Using a cane is rather off-putting, but everyone knows how to respond to a dog. And even though I got him to help me get around, he is a great companion. I don't talk to myself quite as much. I just talk to Ajax. lol

Re: Ajax

I remember reading a book I think about Jemma, a guide dog. The owner miraculously recovered her sight and she noticed that her dog would eat any food left over and she noticed her doing that she shouted at him and apparently the look of surprise on the dogs face was very funny.

Alastair

Comment

Re: Ajax

Thistle....I have worked with blind clients at Clovernook Center for the Blind, in Cincinnati, OH. A great many of them had guide dogs, and when the clients went to work, on varied projects, like proof reading the Braille published magazines/books, they put the dogs into large crates, in a quiet area of the workshop. I had many relationships & friendships with the entire population of sight impaired folks. Most are really great people. If I would go back over to visit, many folks would recognize me by my voice. A few were also deaf & blind, & one lady would actually recognize me. I must have a distinctive voice, even for the deaf. Thanks for your post in regard to your dog. They are amazing!!! Joan

Comment

Working...
      X