St Andrews - What a Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Andrews - What a Hero

After Mike Reeder lost both legs in Vietnam, he returned to the U.S. looking for purpose and direction and found them during a chance encounter in a golf pro shop. My thanks to Elizabeth Green for telling me about this video.

Alastair

Re: St Andrews - What a Hero

I remember watching this video when it was posted, and stumbled upon it again today.It has given me something to think about when i'm on the golf course,as i occasionally lose sight of my ball after hitting it. I only have sight in my left eye, and for years i have had trouble losing sight of things especially if they are fast moving, games like tennis and squash which i would normally enjoy playing were impossible as my opponent would have an advantage. Golf is a game generally played between a player and the course, and a playing partner is doing likewise, however your playing partner will always help look for that lost ball.
    Sometimes, i wonder if i should continue playing golf, or maybe find another game more suited to me, but after watching that video, i will be as keen as ever to get out there on the weekend and play.
    I have only returned to the game within the last twelve months, having played off and on for many years. But now i have become more serious about improving my game as i get older. I currently get tuition from a professional, and i have a goal of being able to play with my nephew who plays off a 12 handicap. Maybe in the not to distant future i will beat him!
    Thanks Al for posting this video...it has allowed me to refocus, and not think about the negative thoughts one has but think about the positives.
    PS. I have never considered myself to have a disability, only a handicap, something all golfers have.
    Euan..

Comment

Re: St Andrews - What a Hero

In the dim past I used to play a lot of golf and got down to around a 6 handicap. But due to work and moving down to England I just didn't get the chance to play. Many years later I tried again but had to go to a golf range to get my basic swing back. But then I started my own business in Scotland and again just didn't have the time to play so didn't take it up again.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
      X