Burns Nights 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burns Nights 2012

How many events happening on or around the 25th of January 2012 commemorating Robert Burns?

BIG BURNS SUPPER 2012
    Dumfries, Dumfriesshire, Burns Corridor, south west Scotland, is set to play host to the world's biggest Burns celebration over the weekend of the 27th - 28th January 2012 and ideas from artists, communities and companies are now being sought.
    Big Burns Supper is a new multi-disciplinary festival of contemporary performing arts, providing an annual platform for the most innovative music, theatre, visual arts, dance, live arts and anything else you want to do. The festival team hope to throw the biggest party the town has ever seen by presenting a variety of performances for the entire community. The event will run in a wide variety of venues, pubs, cafes and public spaces and the team is asking the people of Dumfries to stand up and show the rest of Scotland what we have to offer.
    To submit ideas, for further information or to submit an idea, please visit the BIG BURNS SUPPER website: http://www.bigburnssupper.com/artists.html

Worldwide Toast to Robert Burns
    [2012 Worldwide Toast to Robert Burns would like to extend a warm welcome to everyone around the globe to take part in our third Worldwide Toast to Robert Burns on 25th January 2012. In celebration of the Homecoming Year, our first Worldwide Toast was such a resounding success that we just ‘couldnae no’ do it all again - for the third time!
    On all seven continents glasses were raised as Burns Clubs, Scottish Societies, Clans, Country Dancers and Whisky Clubs, to name but a few, gathered to celebrate and toast the Bard. It was also wonderful to see families all around the world getting together at home to join in the celebrations and raise a glass.
    The passion and enthusiasm experienced during the Worldwide Toast comes alive when you take a look at our photo gallery and you can see from our 2011 Toast Tally just how many people and countries took part in this inspirational event.] http://www.worldwidetoasttorobertburns.com/

Geoff Asks:

What is happening in Ayr or for that matter Ayrshire that weekend?

Wouldn't it be great if the whole of Burns Corridor was to make the weekend something really special? Something that visitors would come to see during the winter, when things are usually really quiet.

How about leaving the Corridor Christmas lights up and switching them back on for that weekend?

Come on Ayrshire & Dumfriesshire, light up Burns Night. http://burnscorridor.proboards.com/i...ead=101&page=1

Re: Burns Nights 2012

Maybe I can ask permission for us to do the Kirken o'tartan at Balgonie? Good look my friend and wishing you well! :)
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

And why not Kelly?

Alloway 1759 Festival 25 - 29 Jan 2012
      Burns Cottage, Murdoch's Lone, Alloway, Ayr, Ayrshire, Burns Corridor, KA7 4PQ

[Celebrate the life and birthplace of Scotland’s national bard, Robert Burns, with eight days of events kicking off with free entry to the Robert Burns Birthplace Museum alongside great musical entertainment and the Grand Finale of the Vision - an impressive sound, light and visual display. Throughout the week there will be events for children, a ceilidh, the Alloway Fayre and special guests Eddi Reader and The MacDonald Brothers.]
      http://alloway1759.co.uk Tel: 078 67510165

Comment

Hi please tell me how did you get the St Andrews Flag on your post i could only find the UK flag.
        Thanks
        Gordon

Comment

Hello Gordon, and welcome.

I could give you the way to change your Profile, but think it would be a lot easier to 'talk' you through it, so why not give me a phone call?

Once you have been successful, then I might write out the process, and put it up for others on the Members Helping Members forum.

Ranald

Comment

Tickets now on sale for Big Burns Supper. Be Part of it www.bigburnssupper.com

Comment

Working...
            X