Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

701 ES Members and not a peep out of anyone in 24 hours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 701 ES Members and not a peep out of anyone in 24 hours!

Has a librarian entered our midst? This is eerie!

Re: 701 ES Members and not a peep out of anyone in 24 hours!

That makes two of us ...... Oooops sorry librarian I should have whispered !

Comment

I guess nobody has anything interesting or exciting to relate. Only dull things like the weather for example.......we're having the coldest start to summer for 50 years.. Can't believe it, wearing winter clothes in December, in Australia.

Elda

Comment

Originally posted by Glesgalass View Post
        ...only dull things like the weather for example.......we're having the coldest start to summer for 50 years.. Can't believe it, wearing winter clothes in December, in Australia.

Elda
        We're in late fall in Wyoming. My thermometer read -8 F this morning at 5:00 am.

Comment

Hey to all...I belong to one other "community" online, & it's the same way. NObody is posting. IF we had a way of counting the number of people who "look" at the site, then there'd be a lot!

I was online yesterday, but having some physical pain, so didn't have an opinion. We've had major cold rains, plus now some snow is coming. You can see the blue/pink coming on the weather maps.

Even had problems last evening in feeding my "outside feral cats", as it was raining so hard, I had to feed the one under my car, & of course, the wildest one inside the barn, at a distance away. Hard to be real cheerful in that extreme rain. Joan

Comment

In Brisbane today the temp reached 19deg F and it rained all day. It was the coldest december day in over 100 years....so much for the Global Warming humbug...
            Euan..

Comment

Here in northern Oklahoma close to the Kansas line this upcoming week we are supposed to have 64 degrees.
              This isn't uncommon though and does happen.

As far as posting I'm supposing everyone is like me just hanging on to my sanity after the torrent of Christmas carryings on. The traffic today was as heavy or heavier than before the day. It is a strange thing to go in Wal Mart and see stacks of returned items! I continually am letting my age show in observation of something like this. In my day if Aunt So and so gave you something you were under obligation to treasure it, no matter how much you didn't care for the gift.

Donna

Comment

Well I was staying with my friends Nola and Harold in Toronto over Christmas. There were some 36 family there with children and grandchildren. Always a bit overwhelming for a guy that lives on his own and is an only child.

We ended up having an Indian curry for Christmas which I enjoyed although I am a big time traditional Christmas Turkey guy.

Their traditional Christmas is having the whole family for a kind of brunch with scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, grapefruit. As Nols is allergic to coffee meant I had to go to Starbucks to get my coffee fix. Also attended the early morning Christmas service at Nola's church. Also read one of the lessons which I hadn't anticipated doing so was surprised to be asked. Guess I was luckly my eyes were a bit better as I hadn't taken my reading glasses with me.

As there are so many in the family they have a tradition of having a "Man" present and a "Woman" present. All that means is that each of the men buy one present for a man not to exceed $10.00 and the women likewise. One of the kids then goes round with a bunch of numbers and then you match the number you get to the present. Not a bad idea for large families.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                X