New season planting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New season planting

Purchased some plants yesterday and put them in the garden. I now have eggplant, zucchini, capsicums, basil and lettuce. i watered them well, went inside and then a storm came over. Torrential rain came down for a couple of hours. I went outside to see if they had survived and they are all looking perky!!

Re: New season planting

For gardning proucts and tools of gardning should ready before season start ."The most commonly available, easiest to use, and relatively safest herbicide is one with the active ingredient glyphosate. Brand names include Roundup, Kleenup, and others. The best way to tell whether you’re getting the product you want is to ask your hardware store or garden center associate to help you. Be sure to read the label and look for the active ingredient glyphosate".
    :pirate::laugh2:

Comment

I love greenery and plants around me like different flowering plants and nonflowering plants. But I have never planted any tree or plant and never take care of it because always my mother and wife do so. I have no idea about the tools of gardening. John48! Can you tell me little about them.
      Get more info on popular streets of the world.

Comment

The following links may be helpful:

http://www.marthastewart.com/244276/...n-tools#244276

http://www.hgtvgardens.com/photos/ga...one-should-own

Comment

Albalad! Although I never arrange or plant a garden but my mother always maintained my home garden. I have checked your shared links and must say these tools are really helpful for planning because I often saw my mom to do use these tools.. I would like to say keep sharing such kind of different posts for readers' help. These days I am on my washington bus tours with my brother and now, decided to help my mother in this matter,(gardening )
          Get more info on popular streets of the world.

Comment

BIG SIGH! Just finished seeding the veggie patch. I'll keep you tuned if I have a running battle with the little varmint (woodchuck) this year. Have not been around much lately. Hope all is well with everyone.

Comment

Hi Liz, hope the garden survives the natural 'enemies'.
              Weather has taken a turn for the worse here, but we have had only 60% of the normal April rainfall. Snow, sleet and hail swirling around the country just now. Gardeners are having to take defensive measures~~

Sandy

Comment

Hi Sandy:

Weird weather! It was a nasty winter here. Thankfully this area did not get clobbered like Boston.

We had a warming spell about a week ago and I rushed to get some seeding done. I call it my veggie patch but the beds add up to 900 square feet. Takes time! Then the temp. dipped and a few nights below freezing got me a little worried but I don't think much damage was done. The thought of all those zucchini loaves at the end of the season had me charging at the effort. But, this year I am resolved to have more restraint. Last Fall, I was slobbering at the chops viewing twelve loaves in my freezer. Then, it seemed overnight there were none. I had trouble pulling on my pants!!

Comment

Hi Liz, I was in Ontario from Dec until the end of Feb. It was the coldest Feb on record...
                  It seems to me that they are having similar weather to you (as are we~~).
                  No garden for me to worry about here, but had been hoping to be 'home' in May to tackle the garden there. Does not look like that is going to happen and am attempting to 'encourage' the 'tenant' to do some weeding at least. Have no doubt that he will not do that so there will be a jungle waiting for me when I eventually get over...
                  Sandy

Comment

Have some faith, Sandy. The tenant might surprise you yet. Of course, when you arrive you might find the tenant utterly exhausted from working through the night on a last minute weed attack.

Comment

Just to let you know I won the battle with the varmint! Had a bumper crop. Now I will need discipline not to pig out on all the zucchini loaves in the freezer. That or a new wardrobe!!

Comment

Working...
                      X