It's MY sledge !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's MY sledge !

Get off my sledge, or I'll make you give it up !

Ranald

Re: It's MY sledge !

HI, Ranald...This cute video did remind me of something that happened many years ago. (Just so you can figure it out, my daughter is close to being 44 yrs old.)

Back when my kids were fairly young, we would sled down the country road, which had a great long hill, to the bottom & then back up on the other side. I got onto the sled (we call them sleds!..smile) & took my baby daughter on my lap. We started down the hill, & our Scottish terrier, whose name was Sheena, started running down exactly right in front of the sled. As we were tearing down the hill, with me holding onto baby tightly, I was screaming....."Get out of the way, etc., etc."

We didn't kill the dog so she must have gotten out of the way. My two boys about the same time, unbeknownst to me, were sledding down inside a farmer's property, the same hill. But at the bottom, they'd rigged a ramp, which made the sled go airborne, & they'd land somewhere in or close to the creek! I always wondered why they'd come in to throw mittens in the corner, & get a pair of dry ones to go back out again. Those boys are now 48, & 47!!!! My, how time flies!!! Joan

Comment

Working...
    X