Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best route to travel Scotland from Edinburgh for 5 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best route to travel Scotland from Edinburgh for 5 days?

I want to travel Scotland from Edinburgh for 5 days by car with my friends. What is the best route to get the best of Scotland?
    We would be traveling at end of June 2008.
    I prefer to include the Loch Ness lake and would be expecting to stay overnight at hostels.
    Please also give the name of the cities or places of interests if possible.

Many thanks in advance to everyone :)
    israel tour guides

Re: What is the best route to travel Scotland from Edinburgh for 5 days?

Try looking through some of my pictures at http://www.electricscotland.com/trav...ures_tours.htm and that might give you some ideas.

Alastair

Comment

Travelling at the end of June 2008? Are you a time traveller :-)

Elda

Comment

I presume you mean June 2012. Five days isn't long enough but you can see a fair bit in that time if you plan it right. We drove from Edinburgh straight up to Inverness and made that our base. Loch Ness is close by (my favourite place) and you can visit many other wonderful places from there, for example Culloden and the Cairngorms which you shouldn't miss. There are boat cruises on Loch Ness and you can get off and visit Urquhart Castle which is really interesting. You can go back down to Edinburgh via Fife and visit St Andrews which is full of history. No matter what you see you will have a wonderful trip. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and friendly people.

Comment

Working...
        X