FaceBook, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FaceBook, anyone?

Who among us are FaceBook members? I'm on FaceBook as: June Dove McClary.
    She who laughs, lasts

Re: FaceBook, anyone?

On family request I was on Facebook, but with hacking problems (now apparently fixed), my computer guru says leave well alone, and that is what I have done. Now removed my details.... Ah me.....

Seems a strange situation, when the likes of the BBC and many other organisations seem to use Facebook !

I see that there is word that it may be sold.... ?

Regards

Ranald

Comment

Not sold Ranald.... going public on the stock exchange,

Alastair

Comment

I am NOT on Facebook, myself...as I don't like the idea of having millions (?) of people perusing my information. I like being private. Heard a news guy tonight on the telly say, something like...Facebook might just be a passing fancy, & he mentioned one of the "old" techie phones, as another one of those types of things that eventually "bite the dust." Of course, I'm probably putting the above into my own words, as I did get the gist of the comment, but cannot remember exact wording!!! Thanks for hearing my own opinion!?! Joan

PS: Just wait, there'll be "something new" shortly....sometimes it's good to hang onto the "old things"!!! Hah!

Comment

Everyone CAN'T see your details. You can set your preferences in different ways.....for example only friends can see your posts, not friends of friends. You can set it so that no-one can find you by typing your name.....the purpose of this I think is so that only YOU can find people and invite them to be friends.

Elda

PS I have June as one of my friends

Comment

I also use Facebook, and as Elda says, you can adjust your settings to suit. I haven't had any security issues so far. I just wish my name was Mark Zuckerberg...He developed Facebook and is now worth $18 billion!
            Euan..

Comment

I'm on facebook but I don't use it.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Facebook is being sued for $15 billion for tracking users, even after they have logged out of the social network, and violating federal wiretap laws. If that sounds familiar, that’s because it is: Facebook faces nationwide class action tracking cookie lawsuit.

Today’s lawsuit, filed in Federal Court in San Jose, California, combines 21 separate cases across the U.S. in 2011 and early 2012. It’s an amended consolidated class-action complaint that claims the company is invading the privacy of its users by tracking them across the Internet. If the claimants are successful in their case against Facebook, they could prevent Menlo Park from collecting the huge amount of data it collects about its users to serve ads back to them.

Comment

Working...
                X