Cat stuck on the roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat stuck on the roof

Well at around 12 noon I got my first knock on the door. "Hey Mister! Do you know your cat is stuck on your roof?".

"Err... I havem't got a cat" I replied.

"Well there's one up there meowing and looks like lt can't get down".

And so over the next few hours more people kocked on the door and there was more discussions on whether it was actually stuck. Some people said they'd seen a cat up there before and it had got down itself ok. Others said it was too young to know how to get down.

Then a chap that passed by decided to shimmy up the tree onto the roof to try and get it but the cat was having nothing to do with him although he did get near.

And so after a few hours of constant disruption I decided to pick up LeRoy who knocked down my chinmney in the attic to come down and open up the windows up there that he'd sealed shut. Within a minute of him arriving he got the window open and had got the cat.

And so everyone was happy and at least I wouldn't have a cat meowing outside my window all night.

Such is life in Chatham, I might add there are thousands of cats roaming all over the city and the fire brigadw will only come out if the cat belongs to you and you have paperwork showing you do own it.

Alastair

Re: Cat stuck on the roof

Hey, Alastair! Good to hear you also have some probs with cats (or kitties?) I had a very pretty female cat called Zubi, who is by the way, my avatar on here. She climbed up a tree in front, ran up the roof, way up to the back of the house, & then would jump waaaayyyy up to an old chimney. She'd sit up there surveying her world, & there was no way anyone could get her down, but herself.

She would also climb up my clothes line posts, sit on top & stare down at the humans on the ground. I have many pictures of her, and am grateful to have them. She also climbed up into the rafters of the barn, & would mew, but one could not see her, unless she showed herself. I would bring her in the house, but she was a "wild & free spirit", always begged to be let out, when she was done with cuddles. She was killed right in front of my house, a bit over 2 years ago on Nov. 11, our Veteran's Day. I probably already told this, but not sure!!! Joan

Comment

I've never kept a cat and that's mostly to do with me travelling all the time. Now I'm more settled guess I could now keep a cat as I'm not usually way more than a couple of nights and that quite rarely these days.

When I was down in Kentucky there were lots of cats run over by the coal waggons running up and down the mountain. Folk there just seemed to take it in their stride and usually acquied another.

Alastair

Comment

Alastair, since Zubi's death, I've kept these other two cats inside. Once Rennie escaped, but I finally caught him. They are pretty much happy inside with me. IF I go away for like 7 days, my neighbor comes over & feeds them, & keeps an eye on things. Don't know just what I'd do without them now. As I type, Rennie is walking around miaowing, not sure what he wants, but he's a lot of company. Duncan accompanies me to the "powder room" as often as I allow!! When I had little kids I had the same problem!! Hah!. Joan

Comment

Working...
        X