Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies

Do you have a favourite movie featuring Scotland or Scottish culture?
    "Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
    Remember the men from whom you are descended.

Re: Movies

I think Braveheart was the most popular movie.

Alastair

Comment

Fun story telling but Gibson's history was a bit *cough* off. Did enjoy "Seachd: The Inaccessible Pinnacle" that was done in Gaelic with English sub-titles.
      "Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
      Remember the men from whom you are descended.

Comment

There are some good documentaries on YouTube that are worth viewing. We posted the other day about the History of Scotland and there are some Scottish Clans deatured.

Alastair

Comment

"Local Hero" was a delightful piece of work, especially with Mark Knopfler's sound track. Too bad Donald Trump didn't see it!

Comment

Hey, Rick...Because of your recommendation, I purchased a fairly inexpensive copy of LOCAL HERO. It was fun to see Burt Reynolds again, & I certainly loved seeing the Scottish landscapes, & the sea loch, & a lot of the characters. I plan on seeing it again one of these days. Thanks. Joan

Comment

Noticed long after posting that above, that I said Burt Reynolds.....NOT Burt Lancaster....extremely HUGE difference!!! Sometimes my fingers just type things in an automatic way!! Sorry. J

Comment

Of course it was not all filmed in one location. A couple of years ago I was in Pennan where the 'so-called" phone booth is located Quite a location and if there is lots more rain then perhaps the place may no longer exist...
                This is a shot taken in
                Hope this photo uploads...
                Attached Files

Comment

That hillside looks ready to fall at any time. Would not like to live nearby.

Comment

Wonder what makes the hill-side so pinkish....is that the color of the soil? I agree that it really looks like it's going to fall at any moment!!! I enjoyed the movie though, but had some problems with "hearing" the dialogue. Maybe the older movies didn't turn up the sound enough, OR, I'm having hearing probs!! I particularly liked the old man Knox, who was living on the beach in "found" stuff from the beach. I do NOT think, that in Scotland, that would be verrrrry warm!! I only visited Scotland in the summer, & it was coolish then. Thanks for all the input. Joan

Comment

Working...
                    X