Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electricity & Gas costs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electricity & Gas costs

In some areas here water is included in your council rates and you are only charged extra for excess use of your allowance. While water costs have risen they are still not really a big issue. Mine has gone from between $20-$30 to between $60-$70 per quarter so it is not a huge outlay over a 3 month period. But, the point is that we have plenty of water now, so the price should be reduced.

If I remember correctly you get charged extra in Scotland too if you use an excessive amount of water.

Elda

Post Thanks / Like

Elda,
    I've never heard of extra water charges in Scotland. I don't know how the water board could figure that out because we don't have any water meters.

Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

My memory may be faulty Sandy but I did think I'd heard about excess water charges in Scotland. Specifically a girl I worked with who was building a new house in ??????? There we go, I can't remember the name of the place but it was near Cumbernauld and is actually now a part of Cumbernauld.

Elda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glesgalass View Post
    My memory may be faulty Sandy but I did think I'd heard about excess water charges in Scotland. Specifically a girl I worked with who was building a new house in ??????? There we go, I can't remember the name of the place but it was near Cumbernauld and is actually now a part of Cumbernauld.

Elda
    Elda,
    That may have been a mains connection fee as it was a new house.
    Gordon,

Post Thanks / Like

If she was building the house herself then it probably was a connection charge.
    Sandy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information