Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia's Southern Lights

Hey,
    Saw this on the Internet today. It is a time lapse video of Australia's Southern lights, also known as "Aurora Australis" near Melbourne. I never knew they could be found there. I just thought it was beautiful and wanted to share.

Re: Australia's Southern Lights

I couldn't get it to play. I didn't know about Aurora Australis. Never heard it being mentioned before.

Elda

Comment

Well Diane, it worked OK for me in Scotland..... spectacular, and even showing the 'milky way', thank you.

Ranald

Comment

Beautiful, Diane! Thanks for sharing this.
        "Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
        Remember the men from whom you are descended.

Comment

Hey All, Elda, sorry you couldn't view this especially since it is in Australia. Ranald, you picked up on the Milky Way immediately. Impressive! Andy, hello and welcome. A minister, huh??? Guess I will have to be really careful what I say!

Comment

Originally posted by Glesgalass View Post
            I couldn't get it to play. I didn't know about Aurora Australis. Never heard it being mentioned before.

Elda
            It remained blank for a few minutes for me then began to play. The video may need to download to your computer before it will play.

Comment

It did not work for me either, I tried to download off Youtube but it had been withdrawn due to copyright reasons, I guess I will try one last time, but this old computer is quite slow [like me], so I will have to wait and see.

Comment

It is still working for me......

Right clicking gives some options, also at the end of the video there are two url's, and the lower one takes you to a site, where there are many more of the general theme.

http://www.twanight.org/newTWAN/index.asp

Perhaps it can be found there, if not at least the site is worth a look.

PS Just tried that link, and selecting 'Australia' gives the video, and also some others. I must explore this site a bit more.......

Let me know if this works ..

Ranald
                Last edited by Ranald; 13 February 2012, 05:23. Reason: adde a Post Script line

Comment

Gordon, Sorry you couldn't see this either. You had mentioned a "wish list" you needed to make for your daughter. Maybe you could put a new computer on it as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X