Electric Scotland Postcard Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Scotland Postcard Service

Just to advise that we have now done away with our ScotCards.org domain and thus our Postcard service is now available at http://www.electricscotland.com/cards

We've tested it out and all is working as it should. I sent out a card immediately and it came through fine and I also tested it by schedulking a card to go out the next day and that worked as well so good to go.

In the event you haven't used the service before then I should mention that we have lots of cards up for you to pick from and to that you can add music, poems and stories, various affects. It also has an invitation service where you can send cards to people inviting them to an event. By using this you can receive replies from people that are either coming or sending their regrets. There is also a reminder service where you can get set up a a date to receive a reminder that there is a birthday coming up giving you time to go purchase a present.

You can also upload your own images and also create an audio file to attach to the card.

Well worth a wee browse through the service if you haven't see it before.

Alastair

Re: Electric Scotland Postcard Service

HI, Alastair! I just tried the ScotCard app, & here's my views: According to the "trial" attempt, the card probs were:
    Did NOT appear to pick up the song I chose, told me both addresses (email) were invalid on one screen, after sending, then came up next that they'd both been sent. Also tried to use FONTS & it did not follow my pick, came up default font instead. Tried to make a word BOLD, DID not WORK. Did the stamp ok, posted the card chosen. After I looked back on the card, after sending it to two addresses, found it did have the song on it. I didn't try the effects, nor the poems. Thanks. Joan PS: is there a possibility to have a link to ScotCards on this forum, or didn't I just NOT see one, except in your posting previous to these?

Comment

In the top menu under "EScotland" the drop down menu shows Electric Scotland Postcards.

Can I ask what browser you are using? I have sent a test card with music and poem attached but I didn't try the fonts.

In the old days when we just had IE it always worked but these days different browsers seem to give different results.

Many thanks for letting me know about your problems and I'll certainly investigate.

Alastair

Comment

OK... I checked. I'm using IE 9.0 as my browser.

When I picked the music it started playing right away and was able to select another song. I did try the fonts and got a mixed response. Like one time I only got a few font options but the second time i got more showing so that's inconsistant but when picking an obviously different font it did display.

Also picked a stamp and poem and they went in ok.

It will be interesting to hear about what browser you are using.

Alastair

Comment

Hey Alistair...I evidently have IE 8. Soooo...will go in & make a try at downloading IE 9. Thanks, Joan

NOW, I remember...the reason why I cannot have IE 9 is because it's not available for Windows XP. So, IF I send cards, will just have to stick to the default setting on fonts. Tks again.
          Last edited by FriedaKateM; 19 March 2012, 21:13. Reason: addendum

Comment

These browsers are a real pain as they all do their own wee things and so while they seem to be compatible they really aren't. Like for example IE will still play background music on a page but the rest won't.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
            X