GOD BLESS MEDICARE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GOD BLESS MEDICARE!!

He is getting paid to endorse a product, there is no real statement of his actual state of health.
    When I listen to US TV ads I find that many of the side effects of the drugs are frightening. I know that these need to be known, but some of the possible side effects of Enbrel are terrifying...

Sandy

Comment

And the price of some drugs are frightening. I had to take Zaratol, an anticoagulant, after the operation at eight dollars a pop - that for one bliddy pill is enough to give you apoplexy.

Comment

Prescriptions are free for over 60's in Scotland...

And darn it I don't need anything~~~ Think I shall have to discover a 'problem' just to make use of all the tax money...

Sandy

Comment

I know Sandy. While they are not free here, they only cost $5 to a maximum of $250 per year then they're free. I've only just started blood pressure tablets about 2 years ago, Prior to that I didn't take anything either.
          We're very lucky you know......One of my friends supports the entire pharmaceutical industry...or at least the Government does on her behalf.

Elda

Comment

There is a scheme in Ontario that subsidises prescriptions for 'seniors' but I forget the actual details. I do believe there is also an upper limit that is paid by the individual.

Yes we are lucky to have such systems in place.

Sandy

Comment

I believe the upper limit per month is $100.00

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie View Post
                And the price of some drugs are frightening. I had to take Zaratol, an anticoagulant, after the operation at eight dollars a pop - that for one bliddy pill is enough to give you apoplexy.
                Lizzie,
                My wife was fortunate after she had each knee done, the community nurse arrived each day for a fortnight and gave her a "Clexane" [anticoagulant] needle. No charge.
                Gordon.

Comment

Working...
                X