Another Garden Year, 2012!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Garden Year, 2012!!

HI, all...After reading what I wrote last year about my garden, I guess I could pretty much say "ditto", as my ex-garden was still pretty bad. I developed bursitis in right shoulder diagnosed May 15th. (as previously mentioned on here, likely from reno of kitchen!!!.) So, I called my son-in-law, & begged him to bring my grandson to come over (hour's drive one way), & pull/dig out tall grasses, etc. So he came on Memorial Day. They dug & pulled, & scrabbled around. So, with lots of guilt on my part, I went out yesterday, with "old" seeds, & planted like crazy. Hopeful that something will come up. There was some light rain after I started, but I kept plugging away, using mainly left hand/arm. Not easy!! Then last evening about 8:15 the rains started...with lots of lightning & thunder. All night rains. So, from inside house, the garden beds look well-watered. All of you & I will hold our breath till the seeds come up?!?! Ha! Joan :tongue::confused:

Re: Another Garden Year, 2012!!

Hi Joan,

I think I have just found some "before" and "after" photographs of you in your garden yesterday.

before................ http://www.flickr.com/photos/93184997@N00/133789774/

relaxing 'after' http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FEcHJfaMW1...lbuquerque.jpg

Happy Gardening

Gordon. :angelic::redrose:

Comment

Hey,
      Joan, I am so glad your grandson helped get your garden ready. Lets hope it turns out great. I bet it was hard to do but you didn't let some stupid bursitis stop ya.
      Gordon, absolutely loved your photos. Your so funny.

Comment

For Gordon...BOO. Not quite that OLD yet. I do believe that you're a tad bit older than I am!!!??? Diane, thanks for your nice support. Seriously, Gordon, I don't mind. You are a pal. Thanks, Joan

Comment

Hey, all...Believe it or not, but I do see tiny little seedlings coming up in the garden. Also went out yesterday to mail out two books (I'd sold), and got gas in vehicle, & decided to stop at a nursery. Bought 6 perennial flower plants, like black-eyed susan, yarrow, etc., & came home to plant them in what area was left in the garden. I believe that one of the black-eyed susans is coming out today. Only difficulty I had last evening was being bitten by mosquitoes!! (and pestered by gnats!) Maybe will have something to harvest this year again...at last! Joan

Comment

Hi Joan:

Youngest son did me the honor of tilling and planting my veggie patch after the knee surgery. I am in the process of filling in areas - got to have some fun out there. Peas and broccoli near harvesting. Caught that rascal squirrel pinching my peaches and fixed his wagon with the old paper wrap and sticky - made sure it was well above 'leaning level against tree' - got caught a few times lasting year leaning my weary bones against the tree and coming up palm sticky. :D

Comment

Hey, Lizzie...Not glad to hear about your knee probs, but too glad to hear somebody has had some garden producing veggies. All mine are still 1" tall seedlings. Glad to hear from you on here. What's great & good is that these were old seeds that I sowed, 2010 & 2011!! Good luck with yours. Take care, Joan

Comment

Hi Joan:

A garden can be a joy to relax and listen to the birds and admire the occasional deer passing through (saw the first fawn of the season yesterday). But, it is the growing season and 'uglies' other than juicy vegetables sprout - and so, I am off to rev up the tractor and haul out the weed-whacker and hope to find some time to relax and enjoy. Ha, the joys of ownership. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

The groundhog is BACK!!!! Ate every darn leaf off my second crop of string beans. Friend suggested I invest in a whistle and a shotgun. Blow the whistle to get it to sit up and you can guess the rest of the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie View Post
                    The groundhog is BACK!!!! Ate every darn leaf off my second crop of string beans. Friend suggested I invest in a whistle and a shotgun. Blow the whistle to get it to sit up and you can guess the rest of the suggestion.
                    You pesky groundhog........... y'all better watch out..........LIZZIE is on the warpath. :angry::crazy:

http://obamapacman.com/wp-content/up...dy-shotgun.jpg

Ah hears ya ole timer, you better be wearin' your flak jacket...........I'm ready an' waitin'

http://onwardstate.com/wp-content/up...ndhog-gun.jpeg

Take care Lizzie..............we await your progress report

Gordon. :redrose::redrose:

Comment

Thanks Gordon!

Grand hoot first thing. Good start to the day. That auld gal is me but I still have some of my teeth!

Comment

Working...
                      X