Huge Ross genealogy in the Scottish Antiquary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Ross genealogy in the Scottish Antiquary

As I've been posting up copies of the Scottish Antiquary I've noted over a lot of the issues that there is a section about the name Ross. So should you be doing genealogy you might want to download copies for your records. You can find them at http://www.electricscotland.com/history/northern/

Alastair

Re: Huge Ross genealogy in the Scottish Antiquary

Thanks Alastair. Unfortunately I have been having problems with my pdf suite 2012 on this computer (Windows 7). On the other hand, everything comes up beautifully on Patricia's computer.

I enjoyed the one which Ranald advised me about - - - involving a Prussian family of Rosses.

Cheers,
    Doug

Comment

Och! I have been advised by the folks at pdf Suite 2012 that I must save each file to my C drive before it can be viewed on my setup. A right click brings up the option to "save target". All's well noo, I think.

Cheers,
      Doug

Comment

Every issue I put up has a Ross section... it seems to go on and on! Glad you are able to view it.

Might be worth your while to extract all the Ross sections and then create one large pdf with them all pulled together.

Alastair

Comment

Thanks!
          1. I was able to reconstruct a one-page chart from the March Quarterly issue of Volume IV.
          2. I added an overlay showing the succession of the chiefs of Clan Ross adding four more to bring it up to date.
          3. I also outlined the Shandwick succession to Hugh (161), who was the great-great-grandfather of David Ross of Ross and Balnagowan and Shandwick - - - the current chief.
          'Tis very interesting.

Comment

If you have a full copy of Adobe Acrobat you can extract pages from each pdf file and then recompile a new one from the extracted pages.

Alastair

Comment

I used a different method, Alastair.

I used the Windows "Snipping" tool and inserted the resulting jpg files into my Microsoft Word documents. This allowed me to add my own comments and observations to some of the Issues. The Quarterly Issues were then paired March-June and September-December for each Volume or Year. I'll convert them to PDF files at my leisure.

Doug

Comment

Working...
              X