Key moments from Thames river pageant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key moments from Thames river pageant

The BBC has some good coverage of the Jubilee celebration which you can view at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18313886

Alastair

Re: Key moments from Thames river pageant

Watched it on TV last night. What puzzled me was, where were the rest of the family? Neither Andrew, Anne or Edward or any of their kids were there.

Elda

Comment

Saw them on boats in the flotilla.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Most of them were there, "somewhere". Even Kate's family were included on one of the barges...
        Was out in Glasgow most of the day yesterday. It was dry at least, there. Only sign that I saw of any celebrations was an Orange Walk which we met on the way in and then when we were leaving in the late afternoon. Did not see anything here in Kirkintilloch at all.
        When I switched on the TV at 6pm managed to catch the very end of the pageant, and saw them all standing and listening to a soaking choir singing some patriotic songs.
        There will be a big concert right outside Buck House tonight so I imagine it will be covered on TV, hope they have decent weather for that...
        Betty tells me that one of our neighbours in Ontario had all the bunting etc out but much of it got blown away and/or soaked in the storm that passed through at the end of last week. I have now managed to "Miss" all the events since 1953...

Sandy

Comment

Hey to all...I recorded on my TV the CNN coverage, either/or 2-3 hours of it. Then able to watch it at my leisure. All of the royals were there...as I am one-half British, I enjoyed most of it. The flotilla reminded me of the WWII Dunkirk rescues (not sure what to call it!) My own grand-parents who became American citizens between 1907-1934, were from Brighton & Chelsea. Enjoy reading all your posts. Joan

Comment

Working...
          X