Need a little help in finding the problem of not recording high scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help in finding the problem of not recording high scores

It's been suggested that there might be a problem recording high scores depending on the version of the game.

So what I need to know is are you having problems recording scores for all games or just some of them?

And if you are just having problems with some of them could you please give us the names of a couple of them so we can check the version numbers. Essentially the games are either v2.0 or v3.2. So if we can identify if this is a version issue then that would allow us to correct the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Alastair

Re: Need a little help in finding the problem of not recording high scores

Hey, Alastair, the only game I do at this time is I Love You Mahjong. It's a v2. And it gives me a big 0 every time I play. And lists me as the winner!!! Joan

Comment

So it doesn't allow you to save the score but lists you as the winner? That is certainly a bit weird Joan. Thanks for letting me know so that's at least one v2.0 game that has a problem so lets see if there is a version 32 that has the same problem and if it does then I guess it's not a version issue.

Alastair

Comment

BTW if we find this is a version issue then while we'd remove the v2.0 games we can search for the game to find out if there is a v32 of the same game which there often is so it doesn't necessarily mean we'd need to remove the actual game just that we'd replace it with the new version.

Alastair

Comment

I was checking this game and it states it is v32 Joan. Where did you look to find it was a v2 game as I only found out that by going through our admin panel. I did play it and I can confirm it didn't save my high score or like you it did save it but at 0.

I did however play a v2 games and it did save my high score. I guess I need to find at least 2 more v32 games to confirm they aren't saving the high score and then find 2 more games that are v2 and see if they do save the high score. If that pans out then looks like the problem is with the v32 games.

I'll make a point of trying this tomorrow and see if this pans out.

Alastair

Comment

Update... well I've now played a few v2 games and they all saved my high score. I then played another 2 v32 games and they didn't save my high score. So this now looks like it's the v32 ones that have a problem.

It's now a bit late but I'd now like to play a few more of each just to make certain that this is the case. I'll also post a query on the arcade site to see if there is any fix for this. In the event there is no fix but v2 games at least will save the high score then I can see no alternative but to delete all the games and for me to go download a new set that will only be v2 games.

I also still can't find a way of telling what version a game is so I've resorted to our admin panel to find out. However even there many of the games don't state the version number. On the download site where I get the games they do tell you the version.

Anyway as I see it's now almost four in the morning I think it's time to get some sleep and tackle this again later today but we might be on to something.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
            X