Going to go with v2.0 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to go with v2.0 games

I would have liked some more testing and Steve is trying to get his few testers to try the v2.0 games versus v32 games to try and confirm my findings that v2 games don't have a problem with saving high scores.

However I have already downloaded a lot of new games that are all v2.0 so the plan is to delete all the games in the Arcade and replace them with the new games I've downloaded.

I'm not sure how quickly Steve can get these up but hopefully we might get them up around the weekend or next week.

I have so far sorted out categories for...

Bejewled
    Board Games
    Brain Games
    Golf
    Mahjongg
    Misc
    Seasonal
    Traditional

So on the whole there is a good variety of games for you to try.

I figure we should at least see an improvement in saving the high scores but if we come across any games that are not saving the high scores then it might be just that game is the problem. So once we have them up do drop a note in here if you hit a problem and tell us the name of the game. It may be we'll remove that game.

Anyway.. just to give you a heads up on what we intend.

Alastair

Re: Going to go with v2.0 games

Well Steve came down with a Summer Cold so has been confined to his bed so hasn't yet managed to get the new games up. He tells me he's starting to get better and hopes to get the new games up by Thursday so will keep my fingers crossed for that. However just thought I'd keep you appraised of our progress or lack thereof.

Alastair

Comment

Well I guess Steve doesn't have my work ethic so still waiting for him to remove the current games and replace them with all the new v2 games I sent him. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

Alastair

Comment

I've decided to try and do this myself so I'm going to start deleting all the games which as I'm doing this from remote might take a wee while. Once all games are removed I'll try and get the new games installed. As I've never done this myself I may hit problems but I really want this done as its the final part of our community that is not working as it should and to be frank I'm kind of fed up waiting for Steve to deal with this.

Alastair

Comment

Well I managed to delete all the games and have now installed all the new ones. I did play one game to see if they worked and it did... ancient mahjong but it didn't save my high score so not yet sure if its just that game or if we'll have problems with others. Time I guess will tell.

Note that all the games are now in one of the 8 categories I've created.

Do let me know what you find.

Alastair

Comment

Mutter mutter... there is a conspiracy afoot. As soon as I get high score someone goes and beats it!!!

Mind and let me know if you come across any games where you can't save your high score or if a game is not playing correctly. I'm not really one for playing games myself so rely on the ones that do to let me know about them. Also We do have the option to add additional instructions on how to play a game so if you find a game where you found problem in how to play it but figured it out send me the better instructions and I can add them to the game.

Also.. if there is a particular type of game you like to play and we don't have any of that sort then let me know and I'll try to find some for you. I can also add a new category for games so just let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Alastair

Comment

Sorry Al, i will assume your talking about your high score in 247 golf..that game is reserved for DMF and myself...play it at your peril!
              Euan..

Comment

<grin> I'll let you guys get on with it then!

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                X