BRAVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRAVE

Heard from a friend a disney film titled BRAVE was about to be released. Googled the title and found the trailer. As I viewed the Hollywood effort to cartoon my heritage I was not enthused. Well, maybe I'm just an old grump and the kids will enjoy.

Re: BRAVE

Our "beloved leader" is over in Hollywood just now hyping this up. He sees it as as great way to encourage people to visit Scotland. I have not seen the film or the trailer so cannot comment.
    But it fits right in with the camera loving leader - have you seen the outfit he wore to the Opening night? At least it was a bit better than previous First Minister Jack McConnell's pinstripe kilt.
    Sandy

Comment

I watched a "so-called" documentary last evening (recorded ahead), about an American family who had won some kind of contest. And I believe it had to do with the release of that movie. They had a Pixar time first....I forwarded it ahead to where they were going to Scotland...where the family, man/wife, two daughters visited with a spokesperson to 3 sites in Scotland. They finally chose to stay in a Renton castle? Not sure, as the whole thing didn't set well with me. And then I suddenly realized afterwards, that this was a "lead in" for the movie, which is going to show in my town this Fri.,Sat.,Sun. (I think!) After all, I saw very few glimpses of the real Scotland, & was disappointed in that respect. Joan

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie View Post
        Heard from a friend a disney film titled BRAVE was about to be released. Googled the title and found the trailer. As I viewed the Hollywood effort to cartoon my heritage I was not enthused. Well, maybe I'm just an old grump and the kids will enjoy.
        Lizzie,
        As far as I'm concerned Hollywood has been churning out historical rubbish for generations, fact and accuracy are something they have always chosen to ignore, their greatest.
        concerns are bums on seats and dollars in the bank.

Gordon.

Comment

I've seen "bits" of the film advertised on TV. At last the accents sound genuine. Mel Gibson's accent in Braveheart made me cringe!!!!! And that Monarch of the Glen programme used to make me cringe too.....so not true to life.

Elda

Comment

Hi,
            I have only seen a few clips of this film. A morning show had people from the audience wearing a bright red wig as they talked about it. I don't know if the history or the actual scenes accurately reflect Scotland, however, it was #1 at the box office. I would think that the interest generated could only be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
            X