Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Confused about the 2014 Referendum ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Confused about the 2014 Referendum ?

Regardless of how it may seem from the press reports, the 2014 referendum is not about party politics. The referendum is not an election, although many Scots are under the impression that the referendum is about voting for the SNP. That is not the case, although they will do little to persuade you otherwise.

The referendum is about you and me choosing whether we want to govern ourselves, or continue to be ruled by Westminster and Brussels.

Only at the Holyrood elections can parties be voted into power, and by 2016 there will be a choice of political parties. The SDA seeking independence from both Westminster and Brussels, the SNP and the Greens seeking partial independence, and the Labour and Conservative parties who believe in the supremacy of Westminster, plus other choices.

A Yes vote will enable the Scots to raise and spend all of our own revenues. Allow us to trade more competitively in Europe and the Commonwealth as a member of EFTA, rather than the EU with its trade restrictions and crippling red tape. We are 'Better Together': That's why an independent Scotland, with its own voice, an equal say, and control of its own destiny, would cooperate with the other states in these Islands in order to deal with matters of mutual concern and continue to be British.

A No vote means things stay as they are, with austerity cuts and Scotland's oil, energy and whisky revenues being used to keep afloat the credit rating of debt ridden Westminster. The high costs to business of the regulations from Brussels and the ever increasing sovereign debt we pay due to the ongoing failure of Westminster to regulate the bankers.

For further information contact: info@scottishdemocraticalliance.org

The above article was sent to me by the Scottish Democratic Alliance (SDA) and so it is their wording and not mine

Alastair

Re: Are You Confused about the 2014 Referendum ?

Yes, I am confused.

I am confused when I see people who do not reside within Scotland's boundaries spouting forth how I, as a resident, should vote at the forthcoming referendum. It is not 'you and me' choosing whether we want to govern ourselves or otherwise, it is ME and ithers like me, who have to decide what we want.

dmf

Comment

OK... I edited the above post to clarify that the article was from the SDA in Scotland and not my own words. I guess I should have clarified that so have now done so.

Alastair

Comment

I was considering this posting again and I figured that we could use the country flags in our profiles to say where we are posting from. Like I decided to put up the Canadian Flag so anyone would know I am posting from Canada. Were Scots in Scotland to pick the Scottish Flag then it would be easy to see who was a local Scottish poster.

It wouldn't of course be 100% as you can't insist the member pick a flag so just a thought.

Alastair

Comment

Good idea Al. I've done just that

dmf

Comment

The only problem is that the Saltire has "UK" stamped on it and the option to select no flag does not seem to work.

Comment

Working...
            X