Tourism in Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourism in Scotland

Just come across a link relative to the above.

http://www.tourism-intelligence.co.uk/

Might even be worth a follow up from Alastair ?

Ranald

Re: Tourism in Scotland

I just get a runtime error when I go to the site Ranald. Will try again later.

Alastair

Comment

Worked fine for me
      Sandy

Comment

I did get on but they only provide information to registered users and as I am in Canada they won't allow me to register.

Alastair

Comment

Hi Alastair, I also looked at registering, but it appears to be only for business connected with tourism.

I could not find any way around, and cannot even d/l any of the pdf files without registering....

Closed doors for an open country....

Ah me.....

Ranald

Comment

That's always been my issue with the tourism trade around the world Ranald... they all put up barriers to spreading information. Makes no sense to me at all.

Alastair

Comment

Alastair, I am going to Scotland with my family. I have no information about Scotland. I think you have much knowledge about different countries like USA. I am looking for some suggestions for this tour. We will stay there for two weeks. Can you suggest me some attractive destinations and some picnic spots in Scotland, where my family can enjoy freely.
              Get more info on popular streets of the world.

Comment

I would recommend Dollar Glen which is in the foothills of the Ochil Hills along from Stirling. A great place for a picnic and if you walk up the glen you come to Castle Campbell with great views. So depending on where you come from you could visit Stirling Castle and then drive along the foot of the Ochil Hills through places like Menstrie, Tillicoultry and then you reach Dollar. After that head for Yetts of Muckhart and then perhaps onto Perth from there.

Then up the road from Stirling head to Perth and then on the A9 to Pitlochry. That town is a very picturesque town and if you visit visit MacIntyre the butcher shop and they can make you up cold meat rolls and have one of their Scotch pies. but just around the corner look for the road to Kinloch Rannoch where you'll find the Queen's View and if you carry on that road to Kinloch Rannoch head through it to Rannoch Station which is great for a meal, snack or overnight stay.

Also if you like walking and take in Kinloch Rannoch you can walk up Schiehallion (can't mind how to spell that) but on the right day there are fantastic views from the top.

I stayed at Kinloch Rannoch for a time and did loads of day trips from there. See http://www.electricscotland.com/trav...ures_tours.htm

Then I'd also recommend the East Neuk of Fife and again see pictures I took based at a cottage in St Monance at http://www.electricscotland.net/scotland/index.htm

The route up the A9, past Pitlochry, would let you take in the Highland Village at Newtonmore and then onto Inverness where you could visit the Battle of Culloden visitor center. The Clan MacPherson Museum is also in Newtonmore and just up the road from there you'll find a "Black House" which is a true replica of an actual house of the old days and well worth a visit. I think that's in Kingussie. Then you could drive down Loch Ness on the way to the Isle of Skye.

There is really so much to see and do. LIke if you headed to Aberdeen you will go through Arbroath where you need to try an Arbroath Smokie.

On the whole the West coast is more scenic. Do take time to follow my picture galleries mentioned above and you'll get some ideas. It also depends on your own interests of course. Like if you enjoy shopping the wee towns in the Ochil Hills have some great woollen mill shops. Edinburgh will offer all kinds of experiences and of course Edinburgh Castle.

The the Border country like Hawick and Melrose are great and a trip there could take you across to Ayr to see Rabbie Burns' cottage.

There are tons of picnic spots all over Scotland and especially in Northern Perthshire and the Highlands. However if driving then do keep an eye out for sheep walking over the road and some of the wee roads up there are one track with passing places.

But all and all it does depend on what you like to do and how you plan to get around.

Hope some of this helps.

Alastair

Comment

Hi Jacky, you will receive a notification indicating that I have sent a 'private'message to you.

When you view the message you will understand why it has been 'private.

I would then be able to discuss and guide in more detail a suitable visit.

Best regards

Ranald

Comment

Hello Jacky from the main menu select 'Travel', where there is a large amount of information and photos.

From there select 'Travel Journal' where Alastair has many photos.

If in doubt here is the link to Travel

http://www.electricscotland.com/travel/index.htm

Regards

Ranald

Comment

Ranald! Now I will find the desired information about Scotland tours in the main menu. I would like to say that Alastair and you are doing a good job to provide related information on any topic. After reading your shared link’s details much confusions have clear now. But I will visit the other threads for further informations.

Comment

Jacky, no problem, as you say there is an amazing amount of information on the site, and what's more... its free !!

Don't forget, if you see the private message that I sent, do not hesitate to get in touch for more advice on visiting Scotland.

Ranald

Comment

Of course Ranald, now I have checked your message and I will ask you in any problem. Would you like to share your favorite place of Scotland? If not then its ok. These days I am on my helicopter grand canyon north rim tour with my younger brother. We are enjoying lots there. After this tour I will plan to visit the Scotland soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X