"Well here we are, and there you are."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Well here we are, and there you are."

July 12, 2012 and Dad's birthday, July 9th has come and gone.

"Well here we are, and there you are." This was one of my Dad's sayings. Most of the time I didn't understand his riddles not until after he died I researched some of them and laughed to see what he was talking about.

I always felt good about this saying because it seemed to me he was reminding me of something. On the other hand it may have been one of George Gobel's sayings.
    Dad loved George Gobel.

I'm running as usual. My telephone is out and that's okay for peace and quiet. :)

Not much to report on the Rhonda Lou. Only one on line friend has been kind enough to see through my dark, sorrow and has sent brief encouraging lines. He has never said, but I suspect he is atheist. How strange of all the folks he would be the one to care and know of my despair for my daughter and I who worked for twenty years only to see all that destroyed by one little thug in ten minutes.

He reminded me to look for the good and there is that enough. Finished two new watercolors, the medium of choice which allows me to work with no allergies. Everyone loves my watercolors better than the oils, so that is the good.

Five new apricot trees have survived even in this heat and drought and that is wonderful. The apricot trees from three years ago are roof high now, another good thing.

Twenty gallons of apricots in the freezer and 24 quarts of apricots canned is good too.

The apple and almond tree are so loaded two limbs broke. Rod is leaving them because they are still getting nourishment from the tree with green leaves the fruit will go ahead and ripen.

So here we are, and there you are. Enjoy George. I did.

Re: wipzh

The above looks like somebody just escaped from "Cuckoo Land"

Comment

The above message does not refer to Donna's post, but was a comment aimed at a spammer which Alastair has since removed.

Comment

Hey, Gordon...Ol' sport.....you go, guy!!!!! Your American pal, Joan

Comment

Working...
        X