Model Railways.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Railways.

This is a subject that has always interested me, however, like many people, income and hobbies do not always co-exist. This has never quelled my interest and "one day" it may all happen. [i'm a glass half full person].

This particular video is more towards the expensive area of the hobby but is worth a look.

I'm still dreaming.

Re: Model Railways.

Here is another to dream about.

Comment

Originally posted by 1938 Observer View Post
      This is a subject that has always interested me, however, like many people, income and hobbies do not always co-exist. This has never quelled my interest and "one day" it may all happen. [i'm a glass half full person].

This particular video is more towards the expensive area of the hobby but is worth a look.

I'm still dreaming.

ME ALSO !!!

But I never wanted to go this far lol

http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/

Ranald

Comment

Well Ranald,

Here is something more affordable [maybe], the sound capability adds to the realism.

Comment

I like this one, slow speed running looks good.

Comment

Well if all that work laying railway lines is too much, then, why not try independent rail free recreation??????

A steam engine rally at Exbury gardens, with full size and scale model traction engines clunking around the pathways.

Comment

Thank you Gordon for the link(s).......

I had all the castings for the Stuart Beam engine, but when the family cleared the attic, out went the lot.....

I still have an old Myford 3.5 lathe in the attic and it still works.

Ah me...... where does all the time go that was planned for retirement ? I rather think computing too over.... !

Ranald

Comment

Ranald,

Here are some smaller model railway setups that may interest you, also all the hints you need on various aspects of the hobby,

It's all part of the "Model-Railways-Live" experience which is set up by [I think} "British Railway Modelling" magazine. They have quite a few [66] videos on Youtube .... this is their site http://www.youtube.com/user/ModelRai...e?feature=mhee

Now here is just one of the videos................

Comment

I added one more..............just for interest.....it is featured in the June 2012 issue of the magazine [first time I have purchased it'

Comment

Working...
                  X