My Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Profile

On the top line of the community screen where you login you will note there is a menu item for "My Profile". if you click on that and then select the "About Me" tab you will see a list of information about yourself.

What I wanted to bring to your attention is that I have added a new field for "Personal Web Site". So if you have a personal web site about yourself or a blog or even a Facebook account then you can add the url into that field. I have added my own personal web site in there and as far as I can see it's showing up ok. It's not an active link but you can simply copy and paste it into your browser and that would take you there. I'd prefer it to be an active link but so far can't find a way to do that.

The other thing is that if you look down on the left column you'll see "User Notes". I am looking at a new project that requires a person to be able to provide some background on themselves. I was thus looking for a way that they could add a mini biography about themselves. That was the reason I added the Personal Web Site field as I figured they could just point to a web site where we'd learn more about them.

However, with this "User Notes" I found by clicking on that you get taken to the community messaging system where you can add your own message where the url turns into links, and you can format the text. And of course you can also add a YouTube video. I thus figured that could be used for their biography. I put in a small message just to test it and it worked fine. I'm not as yet sure if this is a public field so if you could have a wee look at my profile and see if you can view my user note and Personal Web Site I'd appreciate it as if you can then I can use this as the biography option.

I might add this is also where you can edit any other information about yourself.

Alastair

Re: My Profile

Hey, Alastair...I opened your profile, & then copied & pasted your "personal web site" addie. However, in your mini-bio, couldn't see anything in regard to "user notes". Looked on your profile page, the personal web site, & also on my profile page, but unable to see "user notes". Does this help any? OR am I totally not "all there"? Joan

Comment

Well good that you found the personal web site field Joan. As to the user notes I've attached a graphic showing you where it is...

Click image for larger version

Name:	usernotes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	23537

Alastair

Comment

OK I think I've found how to make the User Notes public so if you get a chance please let me know if this can now be seen. And this also means you should be able to add your own notes. This only applies to members and not guests.

Alastair

Comment

Yep - Alastair I have seen 'User Notes' when looking at both your profile, and my own.

Well done laddie, you'll make a boss yet ! lol

Ranald

Comment

Well delighted to know I found out how to fix that. Thanks for letting me know Ranald.

Alastair

Comment

please review my profile i found how for fix this.

Comment

Working...
              X