Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clan Ross Canada's Anniversaries in 2010

THE 50th ANNIVERSARY OF OUR FOUNDING
    This year is a great one for anniversaries! First, the Clan Ross Association of Canada will hold its National Gathering in Niagara Falls on Friday, July 16, Saturday, July 17, and Sunday, July 18. This celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the Founding of our Association and participation is not limited to members. Everyone is welcome to check our website at
    http://www.greatclanross.org/cra~can5a12010INTRO.html for more information.
    We are honoured to welcome John Donaldson (Don) Ross to this important gathering. Don is a former President of our Association and a Clan Historian. He is the son of Dr. John Robert Ross, who wrote The Great Clan Ross, which has become the definitive reference for the history of Clan Ross.

OUR 80th ANNUAL ROSS FAMILY REUNION
    This reunion is held by descendants of Alexander Ross and Margaret Noble the Holstein Community Centre (Ontario) on the first Monday in August at 2:00 pm. Let's make August 2nd a big celebration! I'll be wearing my kilt for sure at this gathering, and we'll be posting plenty of photos on the websites.

THE FERGUS SCOTTISH FESTIVAL AND HIGHLAND GAMES (Aug.13-15)
    Clan Ross is the honoured clan in Fergus this year during our 50th Anniversary. All Ross families are invited. There will be a parade for the Opening Ceremonies at noon on Saturday if you wish to join in. A "Clan Passport" booklet is being sponsored by the Scottish Studies Foundation for the youngsters to participate in a treasure hunt collecting stamps of the clan badges along the Avenue of the Clans.
    Two special members of our Clan Ross Association of Canada will be seated on stage during the opening ceremonies. First, is Joanne Ross-Zuj, the Mayor of Fergus/Centre Wellington. Second, is Dr. Valerie-Dawn Girhiny, the gt-gt-gt-granddaughter of Sir George William Ross, Premier of Ontario (1899-1905),founder and first elected President of Clan Ross in North America.

Cheers,
    Doug

Re: Clan Ross Canada's Anniversaries in 2010

I took some pictures of the Fergus Scottish Festival and managed to get a good group picture of Clan Ross outside their tent and also of them standing in the Parade Square. You can see these at http://www.electricscotland.com/gath...fergus2010.htm

I might note that all the pictures are thumbnails so do click on any individual picture to see a larger version.

Alastair

Comment

Wonderful pictures of what will be wonderful memories for us at Fergus. It was our family's first visit and for sure, we will return every year.

Comment

I am the lady on the right in black and a first timer at Fergus. Our family, my husband is a Ross, went to honor our clan for its 50th anniversary. Loved the weekend and while volunteering in the Ross tent, was delighted by the reaction of the children to their passports and stamps. Brilliant idea by J.Doug Ross! Lots of young people looking for their heritage were treated to stories, and take-away information at the clan tents. We had more than 75 signed guests, about 100 other visitors and about 45 Rosses marching in the parade. Alastair your pics are fabulous. More pictures can be found on our facebook page, Clan Ross Association of Canada.

Comment

Working...
        X