Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bush Tucker Man........Getting away from it all in Australia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bush Tucker Man........Getting away from it all in Australia.

This was a very popular ABC TV Series in Australia a few years back..............not quite the normal .leisure or pleasure but an experience a lot of us would like to indulge in.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now a little background on Les Hiddi
    ns aka "The Bush Tucker Man"

LES HIDDINS…New tracks for the Bush Tucker Man

It’s been quite a few years now since the last Bush Tucker Man show went to air. Les Hiddins, the affable Army Major who fronted the cameras for the show, has taken a different track. That track still means spending a fair bit of his time in the bush; he just doesn’t have a camera crew following his every move anymore. Asked if he missed it, he laughed. “We did three series of eight shows, plus a couple of one hour specials. That was enough. I reckon the whole bush tucker thing had run its course, there wasn’t much else to say. Anyway I was never a TV star.”

It’s that last line that underlines the real Les Hiddins. He never saw himself as anything but a bloke who liked to amble around in the scrub, picking things up. There is a natural way about him that the camera loved. An encyclopaedic knowledge of bush foods just seemed to be something he absorbed with ease. “I like that word ‘tucker’,” he said at one stage. “It’s very Australian, and that’s a good thing.”

He has always had a preference for the Northern part of Australia, seldom venturing south of the Tropic of Capricorn. “I call it the Les Line,” he quipped. Travelling with him can be interesting, for he seldom sees himself the way others do. Stopped for a coffee at Lakeland on the way north in Cape York, some folk at a nearby table whispered audibly, “That’s the Bush Tucker Man.” A little boy comes over and asks for an autograph, and Les obliges. “That little bloke would be too young to remember the series,” and the well-known grin appears. “Must be video or something.”
    more @ http://veteransanctuary.tripod.com/hiddins1.htm

Bush Tucker Man - Arnhem Land part 1 of 3

Last edited by 1938 Observer; 5 July 2010, 00:42. Reason: forgot to insert video

Re: The Bush Tucker Man........Getting away from it all in Australia.

:cool: Bush Tucker Man - Arnhem Land part 2 of 3 :cool:

Comment

Re: The Bush Tucker Man........Getting away from it all in Australia.

Bush Tucker Man - Arnhem Land part 3 of 3

There are many of the "Bush Tucker Man" videos on Youtube

Comment

Working...
      X