1298 Battle of Dillicarew-de Seton, Christopher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1298 Battle of Dillicarew-de Seton, Christopher

I cannot find the location of or any information about the 1298 'Battle of Dillicarew'... apparently the 12 Jun 1298 death dat of Christopher (2nd) de Seton, who was "finally killed at Dillicarew". I assume the battle was in Scotland as Christopher (2nd) and his father Christopher (1st) de Seton were friends and surporters fo William Wallace and Robert the Bruce during the War of Independance. Christopher (2nd) was married to Agnes Dunbar. They were the parents of Christopher (3rd) "The Good Chrystell" Seton who married Christian Bruice, sister of Robert I Bruce, King of Scotland.
    Thanks, any help appreciated.

Re: 1298 Battle of Dillicarew-de Seton, Christopher

I did a search for Dillicarew but came up blank. There are several references to 1298 and we do have a fair bit of information on Seton and a pdf of an old book with reference to William Wallace in the Seton book. However no mention of that name. Is the name spelled correctly?

Alastair

Comment

I did find some information, but on checking to see if the lady had been on line, I find the only date is her join and message date....

Therefore the information has not been posted.

Should she ever return to the forum, let us know please.

Ranald

Comment

I also tried an internet search and only found one suspect entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Seton

The 1st Sir Christopher de Seton married Maud de Percy, daughter of Lord Topcliff in Yorkshire and managed the family's estates in England with great zeal during the lifetime of his father. He was a pious man who was a great benefactor of the Church, so recognized by Pope Innocent IV. His 1st son, Sir Christopher (2nd), was a famed Knight in the Wars of Independence and was a companion of Sir William Wallace and was killed at the Battle of Dillicarew, 12 June 1298; and 2nd son John founded the Yorkshire Seton's in England.

Comment

Working...
        X