Blogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogs

I have to confess that I haven't looked at our Blogs in ages and just noticed we have rather a lot of them. It also seems to me they are all spamming blogs. I've certainly looked through quite a lot of them and so far haven't found one that I consider to be an honest Blog providing information or encouraging debate. It seems they are all trying to sell something.

And so I have to ask myself is the Blog system worth carrying? Is anyone in here using them other than spammers?

I'm going to have a chat with Steve to see what our options are. Problem is we seem to have some 8,000+ entries and I don't have the time to go through them all to see if they are genuine or not. I must have gone through around 500 today and have yet to find one that looks genuine.

I did create one myself to see how it worked but haven't done anything with it for years.

Anyway.. if you are using one do let me know and would appreciate any views you may have.

Alastair

Re: Blogs

Hi Alastair,

I've looked at various "contributions ?????" on some of those blogs [what a complete time waste] , they appear to have been submitted by various anonymous individuals with the collective intellect of a dysfuncional amoeba. Spam at its worst.

Gordon.

Comment

Hi Alastair,

I was wondering though if its possible to have a some sort of filtering system, wherein before a blog can be posted it should be approved by admins first. It's not that difficult to spot spammy blog from relevant ones.

Comment

I've seen the blogs and yes they are spamming this forum. I think the ones who posted those blogs should be permanently banned.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have looked through the admin options and to be frank there doesn't seem to be anything that I can easily use to control things. I am going to raise this with Steve to see what we can do. I think they get around things by not posting in the forums as if they spam the forums I can ban them. However I haven't seen an option to ban a blogger although I may have missed the option. I'll be working on this.

Alastair

Comment

Upon my first "innocent" try to read the blogs, I pretty much gave up. First, they all are trying to sell products. The "English" language that they use is not correct. I remember that that young woman, can't remember her user name, who now is in Scotland, she had posted a couple of blogs near the beginning of them. Soooo...I totally agree that all but hers to be knocked out. As I posted previously, I've been on another forum (from Scotland) & they had the same problem with these spammers. Thanks, Joan

Comment

It's very easy to know who's spamming the blogs. There are common usernames that always appear on that section. But if you banned them from the forum does that automatically delete their post?

Comment

I don't think banning from forum deletes the blogs but am trying to find out an easy way to remove them. There is also no way I can find to delete the blogs either but there must be some way and I'm just not seeing it. I've ignored this for at least a year so I guess another week or two won't make much of a difference.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                X