From John O'Groats to Land's End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From John O'Groats to Land's End

I found this book while looking to see if there was any books about John o' Groats and found it a very interesting read so thought I'd add it to the site. It's an entire book which is all on one web page so rather large. This can be viewed at http://www.electricscotland.com/trav...s/landsend.htm

Ranald told me he had problems viewing it as some of the letters were missing from the start of the line and some pictures were missing. I have viewed the page in IE 9.0 and Google Chrome and couldn't see any problems so please advice if you also have problem.

The book is about two brothers who walked from John o' Groats to Land's End but they also took in the Shetland and Orkney islands as well. Around a third of the book is about Scotland.

Alastair

Re: From John O'Groats to Land's End

Alastair

For me the problen still exists.

After the phrase 'Is a certain forerunner of Sorrow' (centered) ALL folowing first, and many second letters are missing.

With 8 gig of memory, of which 6 is free, should not be a problem.

I have managed to d/l by other means. However the 'comments' normally entered in the centre, are all on the left.... yes I am in process of changing that, but it takes time.

The story is well worth the trouble, as many of the places are well known to me.

Thank you.

Ranald

Comment

Working...
    X