Ryder Cup 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryder Cup 2012

Well this was an amazing match... I didn't think the European side had any chance of winning so pretty amazing what they achieved on the Sunday to win the competition.

Alastair

Re: Ryder Cup 2012

It was a tremendous comeback, Alastair. The victory was certainly earned and CONGRATULATIONS to the European team. I was glued to the monitor with it all coming down to the last two games.

A thought! Since the rules were changed to include all of Europe, why can't Canadian players be included?

Comment

Ah! In theory Canadians might be included with the US making it North America against Europe.

I noted they were talking about Tiger Wood in that he does not have a very good record in the Ryder Cup. I think it was Nick Faldo that thought he preferred to play with other major players whereas Nick thought he should play with the newer members and thus be a bit of a mentor to them.

Alastair

Comment

Besides TW there are others who have a poor Ryder Cup record suggesting they are not good team players. Why continue including regardless of how well-regarded they may in the singles arena.

Comment

Is it not the case that if you rank in the top 8 or 10 or something you automatically get picked and then the Captain also gets to pick 2 others?

Alastair

Comment

I read in our newspapers today that the Americans were being bad sports and booing the Europeans. Is that true? I didn't see any of it.

Elda

Comment

Alastair:

I think as you indicated that is the ruling or like to prevent cronyism. But I wonder when it comes to performance if there is substance to the motivation of the whole pot versus a piece of the illustrious pie.

Comment

Working...
              X