Bagpipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagpipes

I figured we needed some bagpipe music to listen to so here are the massed bands at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo in 1998.

Alastair

Re: Bagpipes

And here are the 78th Highlanders of Canada...

Alastair

Comment

SFU Pipe Band 2009 World Pipe Band Champions Medley (partial) where they won again!

Alastair

Comment

Found this excellent recording...

Alastair

Comment

I got an email in from Trev Hill to say that the pipes and drums were playing in Poland...

The Gdańsk pipes and drums playing at the Szkotowo weekend of Scottish culture. 26/06/10 (Poland)

Alastair

Comment

I will see if I can post a video of a young lady by the name of Jane Espie playing "Dark Island"

Comment

re: 78th Highlander's of Canada

I watched this video and noticed that background are wooden panels painted to look like a stone wall. This video was shot in Estes Park Colorado at the Longs Peak Scottish Irish Festival. The 78th Highlanders were performing at one of the Tattoo's held between Thursday and Saturday evenings of the Festival. They performed at the Stanley Fairgrounds.

The music performed at this festival is always first rate. The Longs Peak Scottish/Irish Festival is one of the larger North American Festivals and is held the weekend after the U.S. Labor Day Holiday in early September.
              attached is the Highland Mist Pipe Band performing at the 2008 Longs Peak festival

Comment

Here is the lass again...........

The Phantom Piper - Highland Cathedral

Comment

After enjoying the "Dark Island" I decided to do a little searching on 'Jane Espie',

it was most rewarding,,here is her web site................

Janet Espie - The Phantom Piper.

Hello and welcome to The Phantom Piper site.

Music for me is a form of marriage.

My first album, called "Shores o' the Forth" was recorded for my dad & my family.
                  Even though dad's health was failing him he never tired of encouraging me to pursue my dreams.

I did it for him and I may not have managed it without him.
                  He didn't even know I was working at Shantyshack Recording Studios
                  and it was a real thrill to see the look on his face when I gifted the finished article to him.

More to read and listen to at the site ................

http://www.janeespie.com/fr_about.cfm
                  Last edited by 1938 Observer; 28 November 2010, 22:42. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

re: miss Jane Espie

I have to admit that pipers are getting a lot more photogenic than they used to be.

Comment

Here is a short video taken at the College of PIping and Celtic Performing Arts Summer show for 2009. Highland Storm - the Gael. It is quite enteraining while demonstrating two pipers' skills.

Comment

1938 Observer re: Jane Espie - The Phantom Piper

I followed the link you posted above and went to miss Espie's Website. She she seems to have a mix of traditional and a unique blend of contemporary music incorporating bagpipes. I purchased some of her music. Perhaps she ought to be invited to contact Alastair and link her webite to Electric Scotland.
                        Last edited by miolchu; 4 December 2010, 08:30. Reason: grammar/spelling

Comment

I was actually hoping as we developed this music forum that we'd get folk coming in to help us. I think this is an ideal way to profile an artist or group by actually showing them performing. That also means if someone is a fan they could add information any time they wanted and perhaps do a story on some of their work, where they are performing, news items, etc.

Alastair

Comment

Got in a link to a video of the Duncan McCall Pipe Band Christmas Spectacular...

Alastair

Comment

This video contains a bit of piping. I like it because it features Isla St Clair singing We are a Hundred Pipers. Miss St Clair has a honey voice, once in a while, she lets go and her voice really soars. The video is an excerpt from "When The Piper's Play" compiled and produced by Mr. Patrick King and distributed by Highland Classics.

Comment

Working...
                              X