Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam messages

Just an update on spam messages.

I will usually visit the community just after I have dealt with all my email in the morning and if I spot any spam messages I delete them and ban the user.

I will normally visit at least once during the day and do the same.

I will normally visit the community as my final task before finishing for the night and again delete any spam at that time.

So all this means that spam will come in but shouldn't be around for long. On the whole you are always best not to reply to spam messages as if you do and I delete the spam that leaves your message reply to a non existent message which of course would look a bit weird.

Now I am a bit careful on spam as some people have added messages that don't really seem to have much relevance to the messages they are replying to. BUT, they don't seem to embed any links and so I kind of let that go hoping the person might be genuine and just not familiar with our community.

Right now I make a point of reading all messages but can miss the odd one as my habit is to go to the last message in the thread so can forget to scroll up to see if there are any other messages. Were we to get a lot busier then I'd certainly look at adding a moderator or two that could help with this process but so far that's not been needed.

So... this was just to let you know I am dealing with spam and how I currently go about it.

Alastair

Re: Spam messages

That's a good news. Appreciate the effort in keeping this forum genuine.

Comment

Working...
    X