Laura Mcghee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura Mcghee

Got in an email telling me of this Scottish artist now working in the USA. Found a YouTube video of her singing...

Alastair

Re: Laura Mcghee

I got in some background information on this artist...

I am a Scottish born fiddler, guitarist, singer-songwriter, now resident in Nashville.
    I have had chart success in America with my last album in 2010 "Celticana", a mix of americana/country/rock and celtic, spent over 3 months in the AMA top 30 chart.
    I have been working on my celticana crossover of celtic and country in last few years in the USA, writing and performing in Nashville and around the country.
    I have been fortunate to perform and share the stage with many artists I have long admired, from Pete Seeger, Odetta, Shane McGowan, Runrig, Jim Lauderdale, Beth Nielsen Chapman, Suzy Bogguss, Jack Clement, John Carter Cash, Nicola Benedetti and David Amram.
    I have been based in the USA for 3 years, but was brought up in Angus, Scotland performing Scottish traditional music, and Graduated from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music with a degree in classical fiddle.
    I have featured on several great BBC TV productions including award winning series "Scotlands Music", "Auld Lang Syne", and also recent BBC Alba production, "Rabbie & The Nashville Lassies" (featuring the music of Scottish national poet Robert Burns).
    I have also been honoured to perform my 911 Tribute to the fallen
    "Commemoration" at US Embassy in London, and at the Memorial Gardens In New York.
    My charitable work has seen me work with: The Princes Trust, Diabetes UK, September Concerts USA, (whom I am a youth Ambassador), Cancer Charity MacMillan Nurses, Jimmy Johnstone Motor Neurone Charity Trust and the George Best Liver Foundation.

LINK TO KICKSTARTER PROJECT
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...burns?ref=live

VIDEOS

YOUTUBE PROMO FOR KICKSTARTER
    http://yt.cl.nr/RcgXs8A0H6M

YOUTUBE ARBROATH SUITE _ BANNOCKBURN LIVE
    http://yt.cl.nr/O30Wa0EGOJA
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Alastair, she certainly is a talented lass.

Ranald

Comment

Originally posted by Ranald View Post
        Thanks Alastair, she certainly is a talented lass.

Ranald
        And attractive.

Comment

Some more Laura McGhee.

Comment

Glasgow Song - Laura McGhee & St Pauls Primary 7

The Glasgow song was a partnership between Laura McGhee,s community arts group Roots2TheFuture & Glasgow Education Services, the song was written by Laura , roots2thefuture & St Pauls Primary 7 & staff, the song has featured in childrens musical Glasgow The Divided City,and other events.

Comment

Working...
            X