Massive storm now affecting USA and Canada east coasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Massive storm now affecting USA and Canada east coasts

Still having trouble downloading. Will try your coattails, Ranald, and if no success, i think I will give up . .

Comment

Hi Lizzie

I have sent you a private message, how I might help in having the photos on the board for all to see.

Regars

Ranald

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie View Post
        Still having trouble downloading. Will try your coattails, Ranald, and if no success, i think I will give up . .
        Hi Lizzie

I have reduced the file sizes, and on your behalf, attach the two adjusted photos here.

I presume there was no damage to the house.

A very frighting experience, so glad it is now all past.

The photos are slow in opening, but it is usual here on ES !

Ranad
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ranald; 4 December 2012, 09:28. Reason: Added a line.

Comment

Wow, glad we missed that~~~
          Winter has arrived, with snow, ice and fog.
          At least the council here has wakened up this year and even our wee road has been gritted.
          Sandy

Comment

Wow indeed... looks like you were very lucky that the tree didn't hit the house.

Alastair

Comment

Hi Ranald:

Thank you! Much appreciated. Minimal damage to the house. No structural damage from the tree on the roof. And, hallelujah, a crew is working on removing right now. Life is slowly getting back to normal.

Alastair, I think I have a guardian angel when it comes to that monster tree. Needless to say, the days for tall trees around
              my property are numbered. Execution is around the corner!

Comment

Hey...Lizzie!! I share your "pain" in regard to those trees that came down. I'd say approx. 2 years ago, I had a huge pine tree come down just east of my house. The ground was so saturated with excessive rains, that the root system couldn't hold it up. Saw it happening over two days time. Then, my neighbors called me on the phone (my western side of property), and I went over to their side. Had a gigantic maple tree, in my woods, next to their fence also fall over to the east, as had the other one in same weather system. Got the pine taken out, with lots of "barter" assistance, & my own efforts. However, the gigantic maple stayed down longer...had a guy over to use his chain saw on it, & he took out 2-3 pickups full of wood. But his chain saw bar was regulation size, I guess, & he couldn't get the biggest parts of the trunk & limbs. I asked one other fellow who has a larger chain saw bar to work on it, but so far, he's not come over yet. It's certainly not much fun dealing with these types of disasters on our own! Take care, Joan

Comment

Originally posted by FriedaKateM View Post
                  Hey...Lizzie!! I share your "pain" in regard to those trees that came down. I'd say approx. 2 years ago, I had a huge pine tree come down just east of my house. The ground was so saturated with excessive rains, that the root system couldn't hold it up. Saw it happening over two days time. Then, my neighbors called me on the phone (my western side of property), and I went over to their side. Had a gigantic maple tree, in my woods, next to their fence also fall over to the east, as had the other one in same weather system. Got the pine taken out, with lots of "barter" assistance, & my own efforts. However, the gigantic maple stayed down longer...had a guy over to use his chain saw on it, & he took out 2-3 pickups full of wood. But his chain saw bar was regulation size, I guess, & he couldn't get the biggest parts of the trunk & limbs. I asked one other fellow who has a larger chain saw bar to work on it, but so far, he's not come over yet. It's certainly not much fun dealing with these types of disasters on our own! Take care, Joan
                  Hi Joan:

I do agree it is rather painful to see beautiful trees topple but the pain can be quite acute when the resting place is your roof. I would rather prevent that affliction and intend to chop down the remaining tall trees around the house. With global warming Sandy will not be the last to rip through here.

Comment

Working...
                  X