Massive storm now affecting USA and Canada east coasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive storm now affecting USA and Canada east coasts

I have just been reading about the storm affecting the east coasts of the USA and Canada

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20121811

I appears to be also a considerable distance inland.

My thought are with ALL who might be, or are, affected.

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 29 October 2012, 08:17.

Re: Massive storm now affecting USA and Canada east coasts

Looking at CNN the news is all about the storm.

Alastair

Comment

HI, Alastair....even here in SE Indiana, we're expecting very strong winds today & tomorrow. There's warnings on the Weather Channel about that here. My brother in Richmond, VA., & son in Maryland were making preparations. Luckily they aren't right on the coast!!! I'm rather nervous & het-up about them. Thanks for posting, I was going to, but glad you did. Joan

Comment

I've been watching it of and on tonight and certainly a lot of devastation and power outages and still 24 hours at least to go. I guess tomorrow we'll get a better picture of the situation. Last I saw 3.5 million people were without power.

Hope all our friends and family are safe.

Alastair

Comment

Lizzie lives in New Jersey, hope she OK up there.

Comment

Hey Everyone,
            Joan, Lizzie, and anyone else affected by the storm, your in my thoughts. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Comment

Luckily, my son & wife went out ahead of time & purchased a generator. He sent me an email this eve, saying that other than losing "cable" for a few mins, their generator was doing great, & they were warm with a space heater, etc. Sump pump going as well in the basement. I haven't heard from my brother yet. Joan

PS: We've had strong winds & very chilly temps all day. I'm still cold here in the house!!! My barn cats are coolish as well. My other inside cats are doing great. I keep telling them how very fortunate they are in comparison with the boys in the barn!

Comment

Hi All

Lizzie has not been on the board since 23/10/2012 20:56.

Her web page is not accessible, although I have never tried the link before. www.lillibettbooks.com

Has anyone ever used the link to her book pages?

Has anyone been in touch with her, or has any information that she is alright.

I do hope that we hear some news that she is OK after the storm.

Ranald
                Last edited by Ranald; 2 November 2012, 14:50. Reason: added link

Comment

Originally posted by Ranald View Post
                  Hi All

Her web page is not accessible, although I have never tried the link before. www.lillibettbooks.com

Ranald

I got to the webpage from the link you posted without any problems Ranald, but like you, would feel a lot better if we could get some word from her.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranald View Post
                    Hi All

Ranald
                    I emailed Lizzie the other day, as yet there has been no reply, maybe her internet server is down,

Here webpage............... http://www.lillibettbooks.com/ still works for me.

Gordon.

Comment

Thanks for that Gordon. I found your link worked for me, and also the link I put up also now works.

As you say, there may well be local server or phone communications down, due to the storm.

Hopefully we will see the lady on the board soon.

Regards

Ranald

Comment

Hi Folks:

Thanks for your good wishes and concern. Tried to download some pics of damage with no success. Will try later. Best!

Comment

Wow the lady is back......

No doubt we wil be advised just how Lizzie is/was affected by the storm.

Ranald

Comment

Re: cheap prom dress a former wall street power broker whose closet was full of old 9

From Water Drenched Scotland to a Super Storm for the East Coast of the USA. This is the year of Aquarius. It only happens every 26,000 years therefore no written records are available to compare to...

During the reign of Robert The Bruce, the weather is recorded as a mini ice age. I wonder if there was a strong planetary line-up in the sign of Aquarius during this recorded event?
                            kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Re: cheap prom dress a former wall street power broker whose closet was full of old 9

Hi Folks:

Here's a couple of pics showing damage around my house 60 miles inland. I can only imagine what it was like at the shore. Still got the darned tree on my roof. I think I have a guardian angel for the big one when it came down just took out my gutters and garage door. Had it hit the house I might not be writing this.

Comment

Working...
                              X