The Guinea Pig Brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guinea Pig Brothers

I like the idea of somewhat unconventional pets. I tried owning mice, but little escape artests and blindness don't mix. lol I had a funny, lovable pair of brother guinea pigs. Shamus and Iean gave me a lot of joy, but two and a half months ago, circumstances made it so that I had to find them a new home. They had a great new home, but two and a half weeks ago, Shamus passed away. But enough of the sad stuff. Guinea pigs are much more amusing in community than singly. Shamus was a bully to his brother, but he was the most afraid of me. Iean liked me to hold him the best out of the two. Shamus just put up with it. But when Mama had a juicy tidbit, well, being held was the best thing in the world. lol Guinea pigs make great pets. I suggest that if you are someone who likes a fairly laid back pet, look into guinea pigs. They require care as do all pets, but as I said, they bring a lot of joy.

Re: The Guinea Pig Brothers

I confess to never having a pet. My mother would never do them any harm but when she was near a cat it would claw her and if near a dog it would nip her... and so no pets in our home. I suspect if I had a pet it would likely be a cat as they can be left on their own for a few days if you leave them food and water. The only pet I wouldn't like is a snake as I can't see any point in having one.

Comment

I had two Scottish terriers Mac, and Sarajane, a Chow Dog ~ Honeybee and my cat ~ Timmy.

And two Kerry Blue Terriers
      Last edited by Marie; 8 July 2010, 11:51.
      Marie

Comment

In addition to Shamus and Iean, wehad Bubbu, another guinea pig, a love-bird, and several dogs and cats while I was growing up. Our dog, Ta, was the longest she lived with us about fifteen or sixteen years. She was a black lab.

Comment

Thistle,

My Cat Tim use to sit on the upper part of an Arm Chair on the porch and Sara Jane would be sitting on chair both of them looking out the window. I don't ever remember them not getting along.

Enjoy yourself hear ~ we do
          Cheers,
          Marie
          Marie

Comment

Thistle, I'm sitting right next to a pair of guinea pigs :) Both American solids, one is red and the other is black. They were adopted from a shelter about a month ago, where they also got their names. They thought the female piggie ought to be "Pebbles" from the Flintstones since her hair is red... and they defaulted to Bam-bam for the black male pig. I had him neutered, so we now call him "Bam" which has since changed into "Bamalam".. (whoaaa black betty, bam-a-lam!)

They are good for a laugh anytime of the day aren't they? They sure make me smile! I've also got a couple hamsters, very small "Roborovski dwarf hamsters" who max out at a whopping two inches long! Let me tell ya, these fuzzballs are a real challenge to find once they've escaped. I expected the guinea pigs to be relatively easy to find, but they, too, are SURPRISINGLY fast. They seem to require a lot more maintenance than a regular sized pet, mainly their living quarters. Any guesses on who gets to feed/water/clean their cages & living areas?

I never had small pets til this summer, when my boyfriend conned me into getting the dwarf hamsters... and then the guinea pigs 3 months later. As a kid I had 2 rottweilers and a german shepherd/doberman pincer, along with a short period of time with a pair of cockatiels who multiplied into many many more.

If I had the money [for the dog and years of possibly intense veterinary care) I'd get a Bullmastiff puppy. They turn into huge dogs, but they're calm in the house yet incredibly protective outside. Anyhow, I'm rambling but I sure love animals, so I had to post :)

Wish everyone could post pics

Comment

Here's my wee dog, Mini Fox terrier,still goes to work with me every day...just turned 18months old or there a bouts.
              Attached Files
              Euan..

Comment

Matilda is a good looking Terrier and I didn't realize she how old she is..
                Marie

Comment

aw what a cutie that matilda!

last night we realized our female guinea pig looks a bit pregnant. oh my!

Comment

Working...
                  X