Drinks Dispenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinks Dispenser

I think it would be great if companies like Coca Cola would come out with a drink dispenser for the home. You'll know in pubs they often have those hand held devices that can serve up a variety of soft drinks like coca cola, lemonade, ginger ale, etc. These are all served up from concentrates.

In Scotland the Coca Cola company provided a small business machine that was plumbed into your water supply and had a gas cylinder that added the fizz. You could have any 3 concentrates and so we had regular coca cola, diet coca cola and fanta. They came in brick sized units, 12 to a case and you had to buy at least 4 cases as a minimum order.

I saw a TV show where the Coca Cola company were trying out a new dispenser for high turnover sites like motorway service stations, etc. They had the concept of offering all their branded drinks through this one unit. They seemed to have developed a small cartridge system for the concentrate.

So I thought they could develop a home dispenser unit meaning we wouldn't have to lug home these soft drinks from the supermarket but instead just be able to buy a new concentrate cartridge. This way we'd also save on using metals and plastic and likely reduce transport costs.

Alastair

Re: Drinks Dispenser

http://www.sodastreamusa.com/
    http://www.sodastreamusa.com/PopUps/Helpmechoose.html
    I saw this at Costco the other day, not exactly what your looking for.
    When I was in the food business the manufacturers said they wouldnt do the home dispenser thing because of lawsuits associated with the c02 due to improper care by the consumer, they think we're not capable of handling it.
    I don't drink much soda but this product above is a fun idea.

Comment

Actually now you mention it laney I did have one of those units many years ago in Scotland. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

I've had a Sodastream for years but never use it anymore as I don't drink much soft drink either. I bought it in the first place when my kids were young and at first it was a novelty which soon wore off....lol! Result? It cost me less money as I didn't buy ready made soft drinks anymore and they got too lazy to make them with the Sodastream....heehee!

Comment

A friend of mine up the road brews beer in a keg,set up so well, after it's brewed he has his fridge set up with a tap in the front of the door. I don't think his wife approves though, but i don't understand why, it just makes it easier for her to pour his beer....
          Euan..

Comment

Atta Boy !!!!

Comment

A popular drink here in Canada is Rye and Coke and it's amazing how much coke you can go through!!!!

Alastair

Comment

When I was a child, we had to content ourselves with strips of fizzy tablets, with fruit, cola or rootbeer flavoring. Kind of like seltzer for toddlers.

Comment

When I was a child, we hardly ever drank any soda pops. IF we did, it was those small bottles of Coke, or 7up. When I was a teen I liked DR Pepper. I don't drink any "sugary" pops anymore, just 1 Diet Dr. Pepper a day, usually around lunch. When I was a kid as well, my parents would send me or my brother down to buy a pint of ice cream, and when we were sent to bed, they would share it!!! Is that child "abuse" or what??!!?? Joan

Comment

Working...
                  X