• Show
Clear All

Re: Gulf Oil Spill

The pressure is mounting, Hilary and Hague>
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...essure-BP.html
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

This is an autrocity to the Gulf Coast. BP did take evasive action by not putting on the blow out preventors. Being from Texas and having family in the oil field, I do know blow out preventors are required on all rigs. BP did not use the blow out preventors to save money.

There are hidden agendas in every government. I strongly believe the Iraq war and the Bush administration were attached to Black Gold. Now, we have Blair claiming he is not friends with the Libyian dictator yet there is a picture of Blair greeting him with a male hug.

I believe the politicians need to stop passing the buck and take responsibility for their mistakes. This is only hurting the people of both Countries!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nks-Libya.html
      Last edited by Kelly d; 17 July 2010, 05:14. Reason: to add link

Comment

Originally posted by 1938 Observer View Post
        Spot on.......their theories on this and badly flawed intelligence estimate on Iraq's "Weapons of mass destruction" have certainly never given me any confidence in the theories that constantly seem to flow with ease from US Officialdom/Industrialists.....an inherent ....."not me sir...it was that other boy"....forget about the "Blame Game"....just co-operate with each other and rectify the problem for all concerned.
        Do you have anything to prove what you posted?
        Marie

Comment

It's called "deflect the blame"

When will someone in the US admit to the American companies and policies involved in this disaster.
          Certainly BP is not blameless and there are some very serious doubts about the whole Lockerbie "thing" but it is NOT limited to one company...

Sandy,

I hate to have to agree with you to a certain extent. It is a proven fact Haliburton, one of Dick Cheney's companies were involved in the Gulf incident. I cannot help but wonder if Haliburton has also secured a contract with BP for this new venture?

Comment

All of the powerful oil companies and ancillary companies are in cahoots over the oil..They all know it is under all the seas and sands...even the great North Sea and Med, and everywhere, they will attempt to drill and will get most of it..this country will fall, because of the greed around the world. Anyone who is a believer in the Holy Bible just has to read the scripture to see what countries and powers will end this system of things as we know it....and it won't be just the corrupt Ex-Pats in America...

Lu..

Comment

New news from the Oil front..Cuba has given the permission for foreign oil drilling in the ocean as it is not :Territorial Waters:of America ::

Comment

I wonder how the US feels about other countries trying to interfere with their internal affairs...?

I do not think that the man should have been released, there are so many questions about that are unanswered, but it is our issue.
                The US does not understand the legal systems here (Mind you neither do many of us!!).
                When we start to comment about a State in the US carrying out something that we disagree with do you think that anyone in the US will listen?
                Sandy

Comment

The States do go by the old English Cannons but have evolved in Criminal Cases. The basic foundation is there for Criminal or Federal Offenses that exist here. The difference is the magistrates who read the laws and enforce penalties.

Comment

Originally English was clearly the basis for the US system, but then both systems have evolved way beyond "Common Law" and the different political systems have created even more diversity.
                    In Scotland we have our own legal system which is distinct from the rest of the UK and it was under those laws that Megrahi was released...
                    In the US some states permit the death penalty and some have even recently reintroduced it. I have yet to see the other states interfering and stopping that (just one example)...
                    There is a case under discussion here and in the US (though I doubt many in the US will know much if anything about it).
                    A misguided young man managed to hack in the Defense (sic) dept computers. Somehow our previous Gov't agreed that he should be deported to the US = the sacrificial lamb. From what I read today there may be some form of agreement on hte case. He should be tried in the UK and serve his sentence here...
                    I know I seem to be in US bashing mood these days but the jingoism and just plain nonsense that has been coming out because of this Oil disaster has been getting to me. Who permitted deep sea drilling in the first place? (No need to answer that)
                    Sandy

Comment

Sandy,

Ever since my youngest Robbie, which all of you old timers know cause ya'll were here for me when I had him, was diagnosed with aspergers, I have had to learn so much. I am keeping up with the 44 year old and I feel he should NOT be tried at all. Asperger's victims do not think or feel as average people. They have to be shown what is right and wrong and a complete explination why. If we would have still lived in Kansas USA, we would have never known what was wrong with Robbie.

The majority of the US population is blinded by so many factors but mainly, they have no idea what is going on outside their own little world.

All those years, I was taught, do not fly to the UK cause you will get bombed. There is a saying in the legal standards of the States, "ignorance is no exception to the law." Yet, not many US citizens know their laws.

Therefore I must say, "Ignorance is no exception to being a fool."

Comment

Kelly,
                        I agree with you there and also Sandy ( I don't think he is US bashing), but a common perception that eveything outside of the US mainland is "foreign" when in reality all those countries have names and unique histories. Even simple things like place of origin of motor vehicles.........over here we nominate the country.(French/Italian/German, Japanese and the list goes on).......but I've read quite frequently in the US press and like many products "so much is classed as foreign' all of which tends to give the rest of the world the impression (which should not happen) that the US is "King of the heap or Top Dog").

I know I have read (and listened) about the lack of geographic knowledge of the rest of the world (and current affairs)....but of course frequent travellers would know differently............so no nation can stand alone, but it becomes a little difficult to have empathy with those who are not well read or aware of what is happening in a global context ......I'm not bashing either.....but "tunnel vision" with regard to any subject can be self or nationally destructive.
                        Gordon :angelic::smile:

Comment

Gordon,

I remember the first time I read Churchill's Journals. I actually went to my parents and said, "did you know?" We had a very long discussion on it because it bothered me so badly how the US Senate turned their backs on the UK. Roosevelt wanted to help so badly.

What hurts even worse, the image Americans give to the rest of the world. A small percentage of Americans are middle to upper class. The rest are just peasants. I am not bashing America but what people see on TV and movies is not the real facts.

You must forgive me because I feel my country betrayed me by not giving my British husband medical help after his stroke. I made a whopping $63 a month too much and he did not qualify for their DLA because he was a British contractor. What happens to me, happens to Millions of Americans.

I have tried to write my state senator back home but never get any answers. Enough of a rant...

Comment

Working...
                          X