Burns Supper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burns Supper

If you would like to listen to a Burns Supper then go to http://www.scotsindependent.org/feat...urns/index.htm

Alastair

Re: Burns Supper

When i was a wee lad (4-5yo) i remember my dad going to a burns supper, i wanted to go, but got told, You won't like it..everything is burnt...the tatties are burnt, the neeps are burnt, everything is burnt. So i never got to go...
    Euan..

Comment

They do vary but certainly you'll get lots of Burns poems and songs and there is always some haggis to eat. I think everyone should go at least once. I've been twice as it happens but that's enough for me.

Alastair

Comment

I went to one once many years ago (probably 60 ) I basically just remember the haggis being piped in, as I'm still here I must have survived by being mentally and physically..:eek:.....resilient :D:angelic:

Comment

When my aunt was in Scotland she went to a Robert Burns supper a few years ago and they piped in the Haggis.
          Marie

Comment

I don't remember ever being to a Burns supper when I lived in Scotland, but a few years ago, I went to a Scottish festival on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, kind of nice to see the haggis being piped in, I love haggis!!too bad I can't find it here.

Comment

Actually you can quite a good haggis from Caledonian Kitchen at http://www.caledoniankitchen.com/catalog/

I was actually one of the beta testers when they were trying to come up with the recipe.

Alastair

Comment

We've been rather neglecting this thread for the last few years, but hopefully not the Immortal Memory. Here's an old photo of the first Robert Burns dinner in Prince George, British Columbia, Canada in 1913, two years before the city was incorporated. We've had few since then!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burns Night 1913 NBCA_2002_7_1_132.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	23585

Comment

If anyone in this country wants a haggis they can get very good ones from this place. It is many years since I visited the shop, but their website is still up:
                  www.haggis.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                  X