Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sing Sweet Nightingale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F5qgEBHAVM

Larry Wayne Hernandez closed his eyes in final rest, awaiting the resurrection on December 8, 2012 at around 3 a.m. Larry was the second
    son of my Uncle Daniel Hernandez and Rena Wiseman Hernandez.

When Larry was a little boy I sat with him while his parents worked and the nightingale song is the one I sang to him.

The word changed to soothe him, a combination of songs, some of which were my own.

Sing sweet Nightingale, sing sweet Nightingale,
    In the trees that softly whisper, sing the Nightingale
    Sing sweet Nightingale, Sing Sweet Nightingale,
    Sing to our Little Boy while he sleeps so well.
    Sing Sweet Nightingale, Sing Sweet Nightingale.

Larry requested his ashes be spread on the north forty
    ‘Neath the trees there, no doubt where the Nightingale will
    sing for him.

Who knows the working of this universe. The last few days through the
    learned discipline of fighting off depression with my Rhonda’s cerebral
    palsy made me necessarily will my mind to go on to the next task. There seemed to be a heaviness hanging over me.

There always is a lilting lifting of our spirits by and through the artist,
    Walt Disney. The little cat and his muddy tracks made me laugh as I remembered the hole in the drive where Larry found a fun, muddy play area, every time my back was turned.

Bathing and changing clothes some days made his little pressed knit shirts in the drawer dwindle down to the point where washing them was necessary. Larry hung around the ironing board while sitting on the counter to watch me press those tiny garments.

For what ever makes a boy child curious one day he touched the iron which caused us to have to sit at the sink for an hour with cold water running over the sting on his tiny finger.

From that experience I learned to hire a lady to do my cleaning and ironing while my son was that size, and later to totally ignore the house while my grandson and I rocked in the big old overstuffed rocking chair.

Soon mankind will work themselves into a perfect world where little boys will grow up strong and never have to know anything irregular. The lovely song of the Nightingale as they grow into manhood is what they will remember and these will go forth to continually create a better world for the children and their mothers.

Re: Sing Sweet Nightingale

Hello Donna

Another lovely story.

However when it comes to 'nightingales', I associate then with 'Berkley Square' in London, along with the song (see link below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3iSCMHB4JU

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 9 December 2012, 11:10. Reason: cut a lne

Comment

Smooth, lovely voice, a far cry from the jerk, pounding rap music of today.

Thanks Ranald, I must read about Berkeley Square.

Donna

Comment

Here is a link for some information for Berekley Square London.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Square

Scroll down to 'See Also' for the 2nd and 3rd entries.

Ranald

Comment

Donna,

Enjoyed the story and the song, Cinderella and that song.....sooooo long ago.

Here is another one on nightingales to add to version Ranald posted [I enjoyed that also]. This one is by Vera Lynn [ She was called "The Forces' Sweetheart"; WW2]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTeiYN_Vq6E

Gordon.

Comment

Such a lovely voice as Vera Lynn's can surely take us away from all that is
            simple and even mildly boring. Thank you, now I must read Ranald's link on
            Berkely Square. :)

Donna

Comment

Working...
            X