No announcement yet.

Talking to Yoursel: A Sign of Sanity!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking to Yoursel: A Sign of Sanity!!!

Hey to all...Here's a link to a newsletter that I get every week. When I was in nursing school, & trying to REMEMBER all the certain steps to a procedure, I often talked out loud to myself. My teacher/supervisor/counselor reprimanded me, as she obviously didn't understand my making myself learn in this way. However, I did learn, & have been successful as a nurse, case manager, etc. If anyone is interested, you can sign up to get these newsletters. I initially got this from a friend of mine. But because of my working with mentally ill clients, I really like this newsletter. PS: I KNOW that the title is Talking to Yourself: etc. My fingers obviously slipped!!! Ha.

Joan :shamrock:

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...ign-of-sanity/
    Last edited by FriedaKateM; 13 December 2012, 15:48. Reason: missing letter

Re: Talking to Yoursel: A Sign of Sanity!!!

Hi Joan

Very interesting site.

I have a grandson at uni presently studying psychology, so will see if he knows about the site.

Did you know about the two psychology professors walking down a street in opposite directions.

When the met, one said to the other "Your fine, how am I?".

Ranald

Comment

Many thanks, Ranald. Having worked with my mentally ill clients, I learned that sometimes they're much more kind/nice than people who don't have their difficulties. I also believe that no matter how old one is, we all can learn something from reading in different genres. Like the joke above as well. Joan

Comment

This reminds me of the time myself and a workmate were working on re-cladding a shed. I heard the other bloke's voice, out of sight round the corner say,"Where the hell did you put your hammer?" Then I heard the same voice say, "It's in your other hand."
        Talking to yourself may be OK but if you start answering yourself...?
        I talk to my cats all the time, does this count?

Comment

Hello, John "Albalad"....I hate to bring this fact out about myself, but I have three cats here inside the house, & I talk to them & and they answer me. Also have had a litter of kittens born last July out in my barn, but am down to one lonely black male teenage cat. I talk to him, and he thinks I'm his mom. He wasn't around to get his supper this late afternoon, & I went looking for him in the woods, calling "Here, kittie, kittie...etc." He finally answered me, & came with me back to the barn to eat.

Cheers, glad you're with us! J

Comment

I do it quite often and have done since I was young. I remember getting ready to go to work one morning when my mother got up from bed and called downstairs to me, " Who are you talking to?" :laugh2:

Elda

Comment

Working...
            X