Browser Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser Change

Following many years of using MS's Internet Explorer I have just switched to using Google Chrome.

So far I am quite pleased with it but have noticed a couple of sites do not work on it, so still have to go into IE every so often.
    Also discovered that the Googe Toolbar will not install in Chrome, I have yet to discover why not (the installer is quite specific that it is only for IE/Firefox).
    I have yet to determine whether Chrome has some of the Toolbar already "under the hood"...

Sandy

Re: Browser Change

Hi Sandy, i have thought about using Chrome as well, so let us know what you think in the weeks ahead. I'm quite happy with Firefox, but i'm always open to change...
    Euan..

Comment

I'm using Chrome myself. That was when I discovered that many of the more recent pages of the site were not displaying correctly since moving from Front Page to Web Expressions. I've spent several weeks fixing those pages and I still come across the odd page that needs fixed.

Comment

So far no problems in ES but there IS a lot to look at...

I am still having to use IE occasionally.
        The "Boss" is using Chrome as well (she did not have a choice) and so far I have not had a complaint...

Sandy

Comment

I do have two issues with Chrome. First that it doesn't have a STOP button. Sometimes you get a page where nothing is happening so that STOP button was quite useful. The second thing it doesn't give me is a status bar at the foot. Like when I clicked once over a link with IE it would show the url in the status bar but with Chrome you don't have that option. Other than that I've found it to be a good browser.

Alastair

Comment

Och..just install Firefox..I never have problems with it.
            Euan..

Comment

Hi Al, on the version of Chrome that I am using when you are loading a web site there is an "X" at the RH end of the bar. This is the same as IE as far as I can tell...

I also get a status popup that only disappears when the page is loaded.

One thing that is slightly annoying is when I access an attachment from an email the file is actually downloaded onto my drive. I've only just found out how to delete all the entries that have been "building up".
              (When the download is happening there is a status bar at the bottom of the screen. On the RHS there is a button to "view all downloads. This launches a Tab where you can clear all or just selected files).
              Sandy

Comment

I did notice the tab to clear downloads Sandy but confess to not noticing them coming down from anything in here. Will watch for that in future.

Alastair

Comment

I'm currently on Firefox 4. An amazing browser. Been using it since it come out.

Comment

I've been using Google Chrome but there are a few problems with it. Like we have a Scottish Singalong where when you load a page we give you the words but we also play the song in the background while you view the words. Chrome won't play these for some reason. Also in my normal work load I do need to see the url of a picture but in Chrome i don't have an option to view that.

Alastair

Comment

I am using Mozilla Firefox.it's very fast and excellent fiture available in his browser.i currently use for Mozilla Firefox it's so most popular browser.

Comment

Working...
                      X