Delete a family tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete a family tree

How can I delete a family tree from the website?
    Last edited by hootsmonaye; 26 December 2012, 15:33.

Re: Delete a family tree

Hi

Which web site and, is it YOUR OWN family tree ?

Ranald

Comment

I forgot about this. Your account was deleted but the information remains on the system. From my point of view there is no admin tool to prune the database. I did write to Darrin to see what he recommended but didn't hear back from him. I have now dropped him another note to see if he can explain how the data can be deleted.

I seem to remember he said it was up to the account holder to delete their own information but he didn't explain how to remove it if they just wanted their account deleted which assumed that when it was deleted all the data would be removed as well which obviously it hasn't.

You would think as an administrator I would be able to do that but I can see now way to do this. Will let you know what he comes back with.

Alastair

Comment

Darrin got back to me and he said to delete your TREE. Apparently the reason it isn't deleted automatically is that other people my have added information to your tree which is why he said you really need to delete your own information and is why removing your account does not delete your tree information.

As you no longer have an account I have deleted your TREE for you but obviously in future, now I know this, I won't be doing this again and will instead insists you remove your own information so others won't be affected.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
        X