New Years Party Perthshire Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Party Perthshire Scotland

Got sent in this link to a YouTube video...

Alastair

Re: New Years Party Perthshire Scotland

It looked like they were having a lot of fun :laugh2: I couldn't help noticing the price of the roast beef rolls £4.50!!!! To me that is exactly what I've been saying for a long time about, not only Scotland, but the whole of the UK......they are just too bloody expensive!!! Rolls like that would be $4.50 here....virtually half the price.

Elda

Comment

I've never compared the salary rate but have wondered if prorata to average salaries the prices would be in line with Australia and Canada?

Alastair

Comment

Actually I did a quick check and found the reported average annual salary and then converted each figure to US dollars and found...

Average Annual Salary in UK 43.070
        Average Annual Salary in Canada 46,662
        Average Annual Salary in Australia 66,170
        Average Annual Salary in USA 42,980

So not that much of a difference apart from Australia who seem to earn a lot more and so the UK would seem to be more expensive pro rata for food.

Alastair

Comment

When Sue and myself were in the UK during May 2012, we didn't notice things were more expensive generally compared to Australia.Clothes were cheaper, but food and alcohol appeared more expensive. Public transport appeared cheaper also.
          Euan..

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
            When Sue and myself were in the UK during May 2012, we didn't notice things were more expensive generally compared to Australia.Clothes were cheaper, but food and alcohol appeared more expensive. Public transport appeared cheaper also.
            I don't know whereabouts you used public transport there Euan but it's actually 3 times the price it is here, unless you are a pensioner, then it's free. I had the son of a friend from the UK visit me (and this was a few years ago). He came up from Sydney on the train and I met him at Gosford station. He was amazed how cheap the train fare was. He said he paid that much in Manchester just to travel a few suburbs. (Gosford is about 70km from Sydney and the fare was under $10)
            I remember paying £14 on the train from Edinburgh to a station near Cumbernauld (forget which one) and that was over 10 years ago.
            I've noticed over the years in restaurants there they pay in pounds what we'd pay in dollars for main courses.

Elda

Comment

Working...
            X